Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 541 through 550 (of 1,235 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Brossoit: Canadiens Have the Talent Edge on Most Nights #45454
    Pat1993
    Participant

    I expect him to be even better.

    I just did not expect we would get where we are 10 games into the season.

    Like I said, I am excited about the team and actually look forward to watching games.

    yeah, I’ve been excited ever since the rebuild started, but now it’s getting even more fun now that you can see something special is going on, as we can look forward to multiple years of awesome habs hockey
    😍

    in reply to: Brossoit: Canadiens Have the Talent Edge on Most Nights #45452
    Pat1993
    Participant

    Demidov was expected (but not to this level this early)

    I think a lot of people were actually expecting him to be this good, myself included lol.

    in reply to: Brossoit: Canadiens Have the Talent Edge on Most Nights #45445
    Pat1993
    Participant

    Yes and of course Montembeault, as a competitor, most likely wants another shot as soon as possible…. but right now I’m going with the goaltender playing at an elite level because every point you can get is important.

    yeah, I feel this might help create a self-confidence issue from Monty, and considering his track record and knowing that he’s usually reliable, I’d give him a start this week.

    I don’t find waiting for a goalie to lose to give a game to the other one is always the best idea, as you want both guys to feel good about themselves to continue accumulating those precious points in the standings, but I get what you’re saying.

    • This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Pat1993.
    in reply to: Brossoit: Canadiens Have the Talent Edge on Most Nights #45442
    Pat1993
    Participant

    You go with the hot goalie, right?

    If Monty was on a heater, you’d stick with him (unless it is B2B).

    Dobes playing well is just a really good thing for the Habs – he game looks a lot better than last year, not as panicked, not out of position as often, using his size.

    I did not expect to see this level of improvement this quick.

    yes, but that logic has a certain limit imho, in the context of a week such as this one with barely any games I don’t feel giving all of them to Dobes is ideal, Monty might be struggling but he won’t get out of his funk if he isn’t playing.

    I agree Dobes’ progression is impressive, if he can maintain that level of play then he’ll definitely be part of the conversation as to who the habs should keep once Fowler is ready.

    in reply to: Brossoit: Canadiens Have the Talent Edge on Most Nights #45440
    Pat1993
    Participant

    And if he plays well, he’d start next saturday as well.

    damn, that would be a long time without playing though for Monty, they only have 2 games this week.

    in reply to: Brossoit: Canadiens Have the Talent Edge on Most Nights #45439
    Pat1993
    Participant

    While we wait… does Dobes get the start against Seattle?

    you’re obsessed with this topic, aren’t you
    🤣

    in reply to: Brossoit: Canadiens Have the Talent Edge on Most Nights #44750
    Pat1993
    Participant

    Instead of average, think middle of the pack if that stops your brain from exploding.

    yeah, you told Fido not to use personal insults but I see you aren’t doing a whole lot better.

    have a good one dude
    👍

    in reply to: Brossoit: Canadiens Have the Talent Edge on Most Nights #44743
    Pat1993
    Participant

    Do you not understand the word “often”?

    *sigh*

    if a player’s performances are below average more often than not, then overall he won’t be average now, will he?

    I think we should move on to another topic, it’s Friday lol.

    in reply to: Brossoit: Canadiens Have the Talent Edge on Most Nights #44736
    Pat1993
    Participant

    I said he is an average goalie because he is inconsistent.

    His performances / number clearly show he is inconsistent and often below average.

    again, is he an average goalie, or is he not?

    😉

    in reply to: Brossoit: Canadiens Have the Talent Edge on Most Nights #44732
    Pat1993
    Participant

    He is average and extremely inconsistent.

    yeah, I find this perfectly illustrates the issue here, you’re contradicting yourself.

    he wouldn’t be a decent/average NHL goalie if he was so extremely inconsistent as you’re saying.

    we won’t agree on this, it’s fine 👍

Viewing 10 posts - 541 through 550 (of 1,235 total)
Scroll to Top