Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
September 12, 2025 at 2:11 pm in reply to: Brossoit: The Two Canadiens Players You Want to Believe In #26964
Pat1993
Participantlooks like we’ll have to wait till Thanksgiving when the Pens are out
I guess they wanna give it one last shot…
September 12, 2025 at 1:33 pm in reply to: Brossoit: The Two Canadiens Players You Want to Believe In #26958Pat1993
ParticipantClassy move by the Pens ????
yeah, and they also kinda need it, Fleury might be 40 years old but he could help out with the shitty goaltending they currently have lol.
as long as he doesn’t become insanely good and messes up the habs’ plans to acquire Sid… 😉
September 12, 2025 at 11:15 am in reply to: Brossoit: The Two Canadiens Players You Want to Believe In #26944Pat1993
Participant
September 11, 2025 at 2:13 pm in reply to: Brossoit: The Two Canadiens Players You Want to Believe In #26683Pat1993
Participantwe were talking about Markov yesterday, very similar player imo.
really, eh..? damn, those are big shoes to fill… I wouldn’t bet on him becoming that type of player but if he does I’ll be pleasantly surprised.
September 11, 2025 at 2:04 pm in reply to: Brossoit: The Two Canadiens Players You Want to Believe In #26677Pat1993
Participantsolid prospect, will eventually be better than Struble and wifi imo.
I don’t see him becoming a top 4, but yeah I guess that’s possible, he’ll need to bring a very physical game to do so.
September 11, 2025 at 1:18 pm in reply to: Brossoit: The Two Canadiens Players You Want to Believe In #26660Pat1993
ParticipantI dont see many universe where Engstrom make the team this year… ?
he’s probably good enough for the NHL, but yeah it would take multiple injuries on the backend for him to get a spot right now.
September 11, 2025 at 12:54 pm in reply to: Brossoit: The Two Canadiens Players You Want to Believe In #26651Pat1993
ParticipantMaybe they are just waiting for the cap ceiling to be be officially called before signing.
Mo’ cap, mo’ money.
September 11, 2025 at 12:52 pm in reply to: Brossoit: The Two Canadiens Players You Want to Believe In #26649Pat1993
ParticipantI do not believe that is the correct max player contract for Kaprisov.
Max player salary is 20% of the cap (unless I missed a change to that rule?)
Kaprisov is already signed for this season.Max salary for a player contract starting next season for Kaprisov (with salary cap over $100mm) will be slightly over $20mm.
Unless you sign/extend him *before* the ’26/27 cap is officially declared, then maybe this years cap ($95.5mm team / $19.1mm player) might apply?Either way, if we are going down the tinfoil hat / tampering rabbit hole, “some nefarious team” could let him know that $20 is waiting.
Personally I doubt it, but hey, speculation is where we’re at right now.yeah, I’m definitely far from being a capologist, so this is definitely out of my wheelhouse loll.
you’re right, next year the max cap hit per player will be more than 17.6, it just hasn’t been set yet because we don’t know what the official salary cap ceiling will be…
anyway, he’s a good player but I’m not sure he’s worth these insane numbers that are being speculated, but hey, it’s a new cap world I guess.
September 11, 2025 at 11:20 am in reply to: Brossoit: The Two Canadiens Players You Want to Believe In #26633Pat1993
ParticipantHE not worth more than Drycycle
that’s why in a way I was thinking Kaprisov was doing the wild a favor by turning the deal down, in a few years they might’ve regretted it.
September 11, 2025 at 11:13 am in reply to: Brossoit: The Two Canadiens Players You Want to Believe In #26626Pat1993
Participant100 %
and I was partially playing
but…
it really sucks for the fans
oh definitely, can’t imagine if a star player drafted by the habs refused a ton of money like that, fans in Minnesota have the right to be pissed.
-
AuthorPosts