2026 Draft Thoughts, opinions & what gets traded for immediate high end help

Home › Forums › Chicago Blackhawks › 2026 Draft Thoughts, opinions & what gets traded for immediate high end help

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 208 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  • Author
    Posts
  • #80367
    TheREALWiz
    Participant

    I hope that the team not losing DelMastro in a wavier grab.
    I think I like his coolness I remember in a PP opportunity where he was all business
    I like bringing goalie Bryon DaFoe’s kid Chase into the scrimmages b/c he’s a big winger – center, and Roland Henderson has game too. And maybe we see some post season?
    They would be nice future securities of the peace.

    Maybe Tyler Boucher will be auditioning in the future

    #80327
    Haru
    Participant

    I think within our division, Nashville improved the most teamwise, not necessarily scoring-wise. They added Maverik Bourque, Kerfoot, Ross Colton, Jack Drury and Nils Hoglander. All decent NHLers, but nothing great. Hawks on the otherhand added a very good defenseman in Byram and 2 newcomers in Frondell and Kantserov plus Ian Cole, Cole Smith and Jordan Greenway. So the additions of Byram, Frondell and Kantserov are ……………. I just remembered that Patrick Kane is back. Nevermind. I think you’re right; the Hawks have improved the most. And you can never tell how much a young player will set back or improve, but with the Hawks’ drafting of these young determined kids, it’s hard not to think they will improve, and some exponentially. Let’s hope for a great training camp and a good start to the season.

    #80164
    BetweenTheDots
    Participant

    It sure looks like the landscape of players salaries is escalating quickly.

    Makar gets a big ass bag. This looks great for the Wild, hahaha.

    If KD is right about Byram and he takes the next step and becomes a top pairing defenseman, his contract is going to look great.

    Thank you Bedard for taking a team friendly deal.

    Just think the Wild could have almost 35% of their cap tied to 2 players, that would be fantastic.

    Looking at our division i don’t see any team improving as much as we did. Bringing in Byram, Kantserov, Frondell, more games experience for the kids. I really like how our 4 lines are starting to take shape.

    Who’s got the best goalie in our division? Helle but he just requested a trade, KD has done a really nice job building this team, if he’s right about Arty this team will become dangerous really soon.

    #79681
    BetweenTheDots
    Participant

    Rumours out of Anaheim Cutter rejects contract offer, another reason why i say the way KD rebuilt this team, there is so much high end talent through out the farm system and still having 3 first round picks, more like 4 because we have the Canucks 2nd round pick and so on. Cutter is a really nice player, but what do you do when they want to get paid and instantly you are playing cap gymnastics. The Ducks are going to have no depth extremely quickly here.

    #79114
    alex.wolf2
    Participant

    The 2026 draft has sparked plenty of discussion as fans debate which prospects should be selected and whether top picks should be traded for immediate high-end talent. Finding the right balance between building for the future and competing now will be a key decision for every team. After following the latest sports news, unwind with blind luck for enjoyable online entertainment.

    #79044
    BetweenTheDots
    Participant

    My personal opinion, Arty was slashed and hacked a ton in his own end last season, you know the kids have to pay their dues bullshit

    #79041
    BetweenTheDots
    Participant

    You know Bread the one common acknowledgment by everyone on the staff is these key statements, extremely mobile for his size and very strong on his skates.

    The key statement about KK is he needs to get stronger. Hopefully he is and I’m not giving up on him yet.

    I’m sure if the Blackhawks did they would of traded him already.

    I believe by trading for Byram the team has created less pressure for Korchinski to develop.

    #79036
    Breagbag
    Participant

    One thing that I find interesting lately, is how much more rope Levshunov is being given with the fan base compared to Korchinski. Each one had a rough first full NHL season on a bad Blackhawks team, but the fan reaction in my opinion has been much more light/forgiving on Levshunov’s defensive mistakes. I put together a small comparison of their seasons.

    Levshunov – 25/26 – age 20 – Just under 20 minutes TOI – Plux/Minus -41 Most common partner (Kaiser) – came to the NHL after 1 pro-season mostly in the AHL.
    Korchinski – 23/24 – age 19 – Just under 20 minutes TOI – Plux/Minus -39 – Most common partner (Megna) – left junior to go pro and played in the NHL.

    5v5
    Levshunov – 1G – 11P
    Korchinski 4G – 6P

    Relative stats
    Levshunov -1.01 CF% -3.19 FF% -11.85 GF% -2.81 xGF% 0.976 PDO 65.48% OZone starts
    Korchinski 0.98 CF% 0.39 FF% -6.05 GF% -2.42 xGF% 0.966 PDO 57.2% OZone starts

    Levshunov had 11 Powerplay points to Korchinski’s 7 however is significantly more PP minutes. The Hawks are a slightly better team, so the relative numbers maybe rose a bit. We have a better coach, but arguably Levshunov was worse defensively and that was with a pro season under his belt already, not jumping in from a junior. I like Levshunov, I like his attitude and enthusiasm, but I question if he should start the year in the NHL or if he should (because he is waiver exempt) start the year in Rockford until injuries clear up a spot or he picks up his game at the pro level. With Byram coming in to be PP1 QB, they can take their time with Levshunov a bit more. I don’t know if Korchinski will carve out a role, but he will get claimed on waivers if they send him down, so maybe they give him a longer look with a bit more role now that he is 22 years old. (still so young)

    #79020
    Haru
    Participant

    He’s still on the Sabres according to NHL.com and TSN.ca.

    #78981
    BJPHAWKFAN
    Participant

    I just saw that Edmonton traded for a Crevier. Can’t be the same one, right?

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 208 total)
Scroll to Top