Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Pat1993
Participantdepends if they give him more term. I’d say 30M. 5x6M or 6x5M, maybe a bit more
that would make sense, and judging on how all the previous guys signed at a certain discount to fit everyone under the cap, I’m sure Matheson will consider doing the same.
Pat1993
ParticipantReinbacher needs to take a step up this season as well.
Reinbacher has the same issue as Guhle, he can’t stay healthy…
Pat1993
ParticipantLaine and Dach out too.
I had to check, I thought you were kidding… oy vey.
Pat1993
ParticipantNO !
The goal is not to have your 3 best player on one line, the goal is 2 have to great scoring line
This is ussually a duo sport
I’m convinced they will work very hard to go get him a center, its almost becoming a no matter the price (outside of the current team)
well, I don’t know if they’re ever gonna break the Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield trio, but if you consider that at some point Demidov will become the best offensive player on the habs, the line he plays on will surely become the number one line….
Pat1993
ParticipantHey guys, how do you like this new site?
hey Karine, the site is slow, glitchy, and literally no one new has joined the thread outside of old posters from HB… lol
Pat1993
ParticipantYeah, he took less than Dobson.
Good for the Habs

Pat1993
Participantaw
😅Pat1993
ParticipantHi Pat,
I honestly don’t know what I would do. I think the idea of a balanced lineup works but some of these lines will also need an identity at some point. Last season Anderson-Dvorak-Gallagher was a very effective line that you would give defensive zone starts to (because Dvorak would win the faceoff) and their job was to get the puck deep and cycle it until they might get a scoring chance. That’s an identity.
Currently, the Suzuki line is a scoring (pretty dominating too) line.
The Demidov-Kapanen-Newhook line’s identity is speed and so far, it seems to work. Even if Demidov obviously needs to learn the defensive system as he tends to leave a guy completely open.
I don’t dislike the Bolduc-Dach-Gallagher line, even if they do seem a bit lost defensively… seems like Bolduc is carrying it more than anything at this point and I’m not sure they have an identity yet.
The Evans line right now, in my opinion, is a mess…. in huge part because of Laine that doesn’t really belong there… That’s a line that I don’t really feel has any real “role” on a team and might need to be changed at some point.yeah, I agree with your assessment of those combinations. if they could just start winning more faceoffs or at least get that % to an acceptable level then it could help things tremendously, we’ll see how things evolve I guess as the season goes.
Pat1993
ParticipantHabs win! Detroit looks like a mess and it’s a great day!
man, they were horrible, getting booed like that during their home opener… the habs definitely didn’t look like the team that had played the night before, jebus.
Pat1993
ParticipantI got a couple you can have.
riiiiiiiiiight here.
-
AuthorPosts