Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 611 through 620 (of 1,235 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Bad Breaks Lead To Loss For Canadiens #40866
    Pat1993
    Participant

    it’s his rookie season, let him learn the ropes. next year he’ll replace Laine on the 2nd line. 😉

    well, Hutson had his rookie season last year, giving him extra responsibilities and ice time didn’t seem to bother him at all lol.

    in reply to: Bad Breaks Lead To Loss For Canadiens #40863
    Pat1993
    Participant

    find a center, play him with Laine and Dach, that’s your 2nd line.

    hmmm, that would depend on who you acquire to play at center…

    with the kind of talent Demidov has, I would be more inclined to pair him with a player who can match his skill set and maximize his potential. there’s no point having him spend any time on a regular third line imho.

    in reply to: Bad Breaks Lead To Loss For Canadiens #40852
    Pat1993
    Participant

    I’m sure Hughes will get a center. maybe not Crosby, but he’ll get one.

    oh for sure, it’s just a matter of timing and finding the right dance partner.

    after a few weeks in the season, teams will have a better idea of what direction they’re heading, and moves might start being made at that point.

    in reply to: Bad Breaks Lead To Loss For Canadiens #40843
    Pat1993
    Participant

    you’re right Pat, there’s not much they can do. the coach said ‘it’s clear who is our top line’. well… it’s also clear they don’t have 2nd line lol
    until they do, the coach will have to be creative. and the fans patient.

    the pens had a good first game but it was against a messed up rags team, if they can start losing regularly then maybe Sid will consider how he’ll look like in a habs jersey… 😉

    in reply to: Bad Breaks Lead To Loss For Canadiens #40840
    Pat1993
    Participant

    great blog as usual, Hugo! 👍

    I wasn’t so sure about the idea of basically having three third lines out there, which is a direct result of not having a bona fide 2nd line centre to round out the top six, and after watching that game… I’m still not entirely convinced.

    while I don’t necessarily disagree with you, what different approach would you have? I guess they’ll manage to figure out which guys have the best potential chemistry playing with Demidov as the season goes, and that line will de facto become the official 2nd line…

    in reply to: Brossoit: Prospect Showcase Packed with Top Habs Hopefuls #38997
    Pat1993
    Participant

    gonna be in the 80’s here for a few more days.

    in reply to: Brossoit: Prospect Showcase Packed with Top Habs Hopefuls #38922
    Pat1993
    Participant

    That will happen for sure as well, Demidov is fucking good.

    It has always been like this.

    Players were not really cute with Maurice Richard either.

    I did not say I liked it either. The league has to protect its stars players.

    Thats where I am more angry about, I dont think they do enough there so the goons can do their things.

    yeah that’s exactly what I was saying, players won’t care if the only consequence is they have to pay 2K, or sit out for a game or two. and with the new cap era, the 2,000$ fine looks even sillier.

    in reply to: Brossoit: Prospect Showcase Packed with Top Habs Hopefuls #38919
    Pat1993
    Participant

    Players will target him, it is what it is

    there’s a difference between “targeting” a guy within the rules during a hockey play, and literally attempting to injure.

    in reply to: Brossoit: Prospect Showcase Packed with Top Habs Hopefuls #38910
    Pat1993
    Participant

    *sigh*

    yeah, my thoughts exactly.

    in reply to: Brossoit: Prospect Showcase Packed with Top Habs Hopefuls #38901
    Pat1993
    Participant

    Ottawa’s Nick Cousins has been fined $2,148.44, the maximum allowable under the CBA, for slashing Montreal’s Ivan Demidov.

    well, that should teach him a lesson…

Viewing 10 posts - 611 through 620 (of 1,235 total)
Scroll to Top