Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 911 through 920 (of 1,235 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Should Patrik Laine Stay On PP1? Or Move to PP2? #18679
    Pat1993
    Participant

    I will take cold 100 out 100 times over the stupid humidity.

    yeah I get it… I’d definitely still take this heat over a (frank) ton of snow, but I do admit the humidity could take a break now, it’s been pretty intense lol.

    in reply to: Should Patrik Laine Stay On PP1? Or Move to PP2? #18668
    Pat1993
    Participant

    55 days til first pre-season game.

    Lots of summer left.

    good..! ????

    as I was saying earlier, I can’t wait for the season to start, but at the same time I want to enjoy what’s left of the summer, I despise winter so frickin’ much lol…

    in reply to: Should Patrik Laine Stay On PP1? Or Move to PP2? #18653
    Pat1993
    Participant

    Will also be interesting to see if they use guys like BLais and Voleno to fill spots so that guys like Beck / Kapanenn / Mini-WiFi / Etc… play full time in Laval, at least to start the season.

    Also, I think Roy will have to find another team if he wants a path to the NHL… maybe something happens, but I do not think so, too much talent in front of him now.

    very intrigued to see if/when Florian makes it to the big club, apparently he’s even more of a unicorn than his brother…

    agreed on Roy, unless he comes out of the gate firing on all cylinders he’ll probably have a hard time earning a spot in the line-up, as he’s the kind of player that surely won’t be as effective if you ask him a play a role in the bottom 6.

    in reply to: Should Patrik Laine Stay On PP1? Or Move to PP2? #18650
    Pat1993
    Participant

    In the beginning, I was not, but I have become a pretty big Evans fan.

    I think he can do more with good wingers… and still be defensively responsible, hence Anderson and Bolduc.

    Will be interesting to see what MSL does with the lineup.

    oh I also like Evans, I just find he lacks a bit of offensive awareness to his game at times but I remember seeing flashes of it where he would score a really nice goal and I’d be like “hey, he should do that more often..!” lol.

    and yeah, if MSL wanted to move further towards what he calls “hard coaching”, I think he’s definitely starting to have the pieces in place to do it… if a guy can’t do the job, there will be another player waiting in line to grab the opportunity, he shouldn’t be stuck with having a player in the wrong chair by default for lack of a better option.

    in reply to: Should Patrik Laine Stay On PP1? Or Move to PP2? #18646
    Pat1993
    Participant

    I’m also interested on how they will set up the bottom 6.

    Bolduc-Evans-Anderson could be a fun line too, perhaps the main defensive line on the team that could add some additional scoring.

    replace Evans with Dach and you could get a very interesting combination there as well…

    I thought he was older but Bolduc is only 22, so he might have some untapped potential going on there for sure.

    in reply to: Should Patrik Laine Stay On PP1? Or Move to PP2? #18639
    Pat1993
    Participant

    I’d want to do it more to see if Bolduc could push his game to that level.

    Plus, he is a lot more defensively aware and uses his body well to protect/dig out the puck, in those respects an upgrade over Laine, which could help the line be more consistent.

    yeah, I haven’t seen a whole lot of Bolduc’s play but from what I’ve been hearing I think he’ll immediately be very appreciated by the fanbase, guys that work hard and put in the effort are usually beloved in MTL.

    in reply to: Should Patrik Laine Stay On PP1? Or Move to PP2? #18634
    Pat1993
    Participant

    Years of heavy rehabs, and my neck is finally working properly now!

    …
    ????

    in reply to: Should Patrik Laine Stay On PP1? Or Move to PP2? #18631
    Pat1993
    Participant

    As a side note: I’d rather see a second line of Bolduc-Dach-Demidov, but I do not see that happening.

    and I definitely could see that happen if things don’t work out with Laine, I mean why not try that combination, it does sound interesting…

    in reply to: Should Patrik Laine Stay On PP1? Or Move to PP2? #18629
    Pat1993
    Participant

    That’s some pretty deep feelings!!

    he probably still has nightmares about Drouin’s left column…
    ????

    in reply to: Should Patrik Laine Stay On PP1? Or Move to PP2? #18628
    Pat1993
    Participant

    He remands me of Kovalev – in the sense plays when he wants to play, will do something defensively if he feels like it (not often), but can electrify the crowd.

    And loves to stand still in the same place on the PP (unlike Kovalev).

    I hated Kovalev with a passion, more than Karl Alzner or Drouin combined.

    Laine is not at that level of hate yet, but if we see the same garbage again this year, I will be more than happy he will be gone sooner than later.

    If he steps up, as you state, then that is a completely different discussion. But does he do it because it is a contract year (and likely his last contract coming up)?

    Regardless, I do not think he is back next year.

    As a side note: I’d rather see a second line of Bolduc-Dach-Demidov, but I do not see that happening.

    it’s safe to say that Laine won’t ever be recognized for his backchecking or his defensive awareness, but the bar is so low right now I feel it wouldn’t take much for us to notice some kind of improvement, so I do have some hope left in his case lol.

Viewing 10 posts - 911 through 920 (of 1,235 total)
Scroll to Top