Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 921 through 930 (of 1,235 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Should Patrik Laine Stay On PP1? Or Move to PP2? #18619
    Pat1993
    Participant

    I still think Dach is better on the wing than at center, but that is another issue for another day.

    agreed, even if things don’t work out for Dach at center it doesn’t mean he’s completely useless to the team… you also have to consider that playing with a guy like Laine must not always be obvious, part of Dach’s success on that line will be how Laine manages to improve his play 5 on 5.

    in reply to: Should Patrik Laine Stay On PP1? Or Move to PP2? #18617
    Pat1993
    Participant

    This set up depends on how well Laine-Dach-Demidov gel together, and if Dach is not injured 37 seconds into the season.

    oy vey…
    ????

    not to state the obvious but staying healthy is gonna be key for that guy if he wants to prove everyone wrong.

    at this point the expectations are so low that if he does stay healthy and plays well it’ll become a pleasant surprise for the team… perhaps at that point they’ll want to trade him before he loses all of his value again lol.

    in reply to: Should Patrik Laine Stay On PP1? Or Move to PP2? #18612
    Pat1993
    Participant

    Well we always encourage thinking outside the box! And moving Caufield to PP2 is definitely that! There’s been some uproar this offseason with suggestions of moving Laine off of the top unit, I can’t imagine the fan reaction if Caufield was to be bumped off the first wave As you say, likely not to happen, but you’ve laid out a good case and considered how to use some of Hughes’ new pieces he picked up this summer as well. The problem is, can MSL get out of his own way and think outside the box, too?

    with the additions of Demidov and Dobson to the mix, MSL is gonna have some very interesting options to play around with… while I agree with HabsFinn that the shooting % that some guys had last year on the PP is likely unsustainable, they should be able to have two very effective powerplay units that don’t necessarily require such high ratings. I’m not sure what the exact composition of both units will be but fans shouldn’t be appalled if Caufield for example is placed on the 2nd unit, the point is to have the most chemistry and generate as many scoring chances as possible, so if having him there results in having a more effective powerplay, then everyone should be happy about it (although I think he’ll remain on the first wave lol).

    Yes – and training camp will be super competitive with new guys and players trying to get promoted from Laval!

    yup, should be interesting to see guys battle it out. I remember once upon a time when Nikita Scherbak was the team’s best prospect… oh how things have changed, and for the best! ????

    in reply to: Should Patrik Laine Stay On PP1? Or Move to PP2? #18610
    Pat1993
    Participant

    That’s also a good point! The goal should absolutely be to form the most effective power play units, regardless of what names are assigned to those units and in which order they come over the boards. I agree that Caufield would likely remain on PP1, but really – whatever generates the best offense and the best results is what should be used…and that goes for ANY aspect of the team and roster!

    indeed…

    I definitely don’t want the summer to be over yet but I gotta say I’m pretty excited to see this edition of the habs in action, I have a feeling they’re going to be very entertaining to watch ????

    in reply to: Should Patrik Laine Stay On PP1? Or Move to PP2? #18608
    Pat1993
    Participant

    Well we always encourage thinking outside the box! And moving Caufield to PP2 is definitely that! There’s been some uproar this offseason with suggestions of moving Laine off of the top unit, I can’t imagine the fan reaction if Caufield was to be bumped off the first wave As you say, likely not to happen, but you’ve laid out a good case and considered how to use some of Hughes’ new pieces he picked up this summer as well. The problem is, can MSL get out of his own way and think outside the box, too?

    with the additions of Demidov and Dobson to the mix, MSL is gonna have some very interesting options to play around with… while I agree with HabsFinn that the shooting % that some guys had last year on the PP is likely unsustainable, they should be able to have two very effective powerplay units that don’t necessarily require such high ratings. I’m not sure what the exact composition of both units will be but fans shouldn’t be appalled if Caufield for example is placed on the 2nd unit, the point is to have the most chemistry and generate as many scoring chances as possible, so if having him there results in having a more effective powerplay, then everyone should be happy about it (although I think he’ll remain on the first wave lol).

    in reply to: Brossoit on Veleno #17268
    Pat1993
    Participant

    How else would I be updated on your feelings towards this site

    asti jte crisserais une bonne claque en arrière dla tête ????

    in reply to: Brossoit on Veleno #17265
    Pat1993
    Participant

    That pretty much sums up his whole career since he played junior.

    He has all the tools, he’s not looking out of place on the ice, but the results just aren’t there.

    I think he needs to find a place where his role is better defined so he can become more effective in said role. Maybe St-Louis is the guy to put him on the right track moving forward.

    Went Wughes waster wlass. Hoes mad stay mad

    *posts gif of caufield winking*

    why are you here
    ????

    in reply to: Brossoit on 2025 Offseason and the Rebuild #17123
    Pat1993
    Participant

    that cat ate too many paint chips fallen off the fridge.

    i wonder what uranus is doing right now.

    that’s a very personal question kick, but if you must know, right now I’d say it isn’t really doing anything in particular…

    in reply to: Brossoit on 2025 Offseason and the Rebuild #17114
    Pat1993
    Participant

    i really just wanted to make the paint joke.

    that cat ate too many paint chips fallen off the fridge.

    in reply to: Brossoit on 2025 Offseason and the Rebuild #17086
    Pat1993
    Participant

    you okay? you having a stroke or seizure?

    *fingers crossed*

Viewing 10 posts - 921 through 930 (of 1,235 total)
Scroll to Top