Home › Forums › Vancouver Canucks › 2027 Draft Thread
- This topic has 32 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by
VHG.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
-
AuthorPosts
-
September 21, 2026 at 2:21 am #82200
Nighthawk
ParticipantJets Helly offer
Elliotte Friedman: Re Connor Hellebuyck/Panthers: I believe their offer was Evan Rodrigues, the picks that went to Ottawa in the Brady Tkachuk trade [9th & 25th overall 2026], and one roster player, not Anton Lundell – 32 Thoughts (9/18)
Idk what they are asking but wtf that was a great offer. ‘27 draft next up if they can squeeze 2-1sts again. He is suspended atm for not showing up to camp.
September 20, 2026 at 6:27 pm #82178VHG
ParticipantSeahawks football is decent entertainment this time of year!
September 20, 2026 at 6:16 pm #82176Booner
ParticipantPreseason game full of AHLers & prospects no point reading a lot into it. Only had a few days of training camp to begin with. Patience to real hockey starts & in Abby.
My take was Mancini looked bad along with plenty of disjointed play all game. Out skated & out worked. Wasn’t surprised given not much practice time & very early on learning systems. The PK once again shit the bed but that’s good for the tank lol.
My time would have been better spent watching Pornhub instead of that uninspired/lazy display of hockey.
To be honest, I wish this was EA Sports in GM mode and I could just sim the season and get right back to drafting.
September 20, 2026 at 5:53 pm #82175VHG
ParticipantPreseason game full of AHLers & prospects no point reading a lot into it. Only had a few days of training camp to begin with. Patience to real hockey starts & in Abby.
My take was Mancini looked bad along with plenty of disjointed play all game. Out skated & out worked. Wasn’t surprised given not much practice time & very early on learning systems. The PK once again shit the bed but that’s good for the tank lol.
My time would have been better spent watching Pornhub instead of that uninspired/lazy display of hockey.
September 20, 2026 at 5:46 pm #82174Nighthawk
ParticipantPreseason game full of AHLers & prospects no point reading a lot into it. Only had a few days of training camp to begin with. Patience to real hockey starts & in Abby.
My take was Mancini looked bad along with plenty of disjointed play all game. Out skated & out worked. Wasn’t surprised given not much practice time & very early on learning systems. The PK once again shit the bed but that’s good for the tank lol.
September 20, 2026 at 5:36 pm #82172VHG
ParticipantLekkermakki looked less than impressive last night. I know he got two gratuitous assists last night and it was only day 1 but he looked two steps behind last night and weak on puck battles. Mind you I only had seen the last 15 minutes of the game
The game was painful.
September 20, 2026 at 5:25 pm #82170VHG
ParticipantLekkermakki looked less than impressive last night. I know he got two gratuitous assists last night and it was only day 1 but he looked two steps behind last night and weak on puck battles. Mind you I only had seen the last 15 minutes of the game
Last 15 min was prob the best of his game. He was terrible.
Let’s see just how long this leash will be for him. Just play the shit out of him I guess.
Apparently he doesn’t require waivers, he’s entering borderline bust territory. Allvin & Co were high fiving when he dropped to them. Could have had Danila Yurov, Liam Öhgren or Noah Östlund.
-
This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by
VHG.
September 20, 2026 at 4:56 pm #82161Booner
ParticipantLekkermakki looked less than impressive last night. I know he got two gratuitous assists last night and it was only day 1 but he looked two steps behind last night and weak on puck battles. Mind you I only had seen the last 15 minutes of the game
Last 15 min was prob the best of his game. He was terrible.
Let’s see just how long this leash will be for him. Just play the shit out of him I guess.
September 20, 2026 at 4:30 pm #82158Nighthawk
ParticipantA new early rankings to add from Mark at Draft Pros.
<iframe title=”2027 NHL DRAFT RANKINGS | Early Top-15″ width=”1360″ height=”765″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zn8wvegPPHc?feature=oembed&enablejsapi=1″ frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share” referrerpolicy=”strict-origin-when-cross-origin” allowfullscreen=”” data-gtm-yt-inspected-10=”true” id=”761586092″ data-gtm-yt-inspected-25=”true”></iframe>
I’m pretty in sync with his early top 10. Good takes 👍🏻. I would add it’s shaping up to be very good draft that is C heavy D weak & some very intriguing wingers. On the Russians normally I shy away from them being the KHL stunts their opportunity & lock them up for years in a contract. That isn’t that big of a deal for the Canucks in the 1st year of a rebuild. Idk how & doesn’t look easy to get another 1 st pick for the ‘27 draft but Hronek imo should not be a trade chip. Hoping either EP or Boeser can draw a high 1st or more if they can hit in a big start to the season.
September 20, 2026 at 4:13 pm #82157Nighthawk
ParticipantOf course ideally winning the Dupont sweepstakes is the best fit & for need. Never can have enough good RHD. As said below Dupont Hronek Willander is deep as well as fills the need for organization D depth. Hronek we know what we have. Willander is developing & trending just fine hopefully this season we see a bigger step from him. Zeev top LHD with EP grooming to be a physical & solid D. Could use more physical big defensive D prospects added to the system.
If the usual expected no luck with the lottery happens once again it’s a top C pick. Not wanting a winger but early rankings has it Jonah Neuenschwander & Sammy Nelson be my early choices.
Who is your early C pick or go W?
It’s so difficult to get a read on who the top C is at this point. We need some games played for this draft season.
If the Canucks miss out on Dupont and are picking 2nd, not sure I go C. I know this won’t be a popular opinion but at this point I think they might be crazy to pass on Sergei Skvortsov. I know he’s skinny and all but he’s being considered possibly the best out of Russia the last 10 years… definitely the most electrifying. Think Bure type offence with better play making. I wouldnt understand finishing last and then reaching back yet again for a hard worker who is good in the room.
If the Canucks end up picking 3rd again, I may consider taking a C… Carter Meyer maybe. Ranked higher than Nelson by most… in fact, none of the 5 Rankings on EP have Nelson in the top 5. Meyer shows 1×3, 2×4, 1×5, 1×6. He’s taking over top C so far if you don’t count Privolov as a C… which I’m reluctant to do at this point.
So much is going to change in the rankings once everyone starts playing. Going to be fun to follow.
Good stuff & I’m not against BPA if lose out on Dupont. Also yes far too early projecting who ranks where. I wasn’t impressed with Joseph. Ideally a C forces their way into a 1C convo but if a winger then in RJ & Todd Harvey & staff I trust.
Drafting high for need imo isn’t the best option during this rebuild. Draft the best & highest ceiling that has a high floor.
-
This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by
-
AuthorPosts