Blackhawks 2025-2026 General Comments

Home › Forums › Chicago Blackhawks › Blackhawks 2025-2026 General Comments

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 971 through 980 (of 1,383 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  • Author
    Posts
  • #37637
    Chunk
    Participant

    Tab over at BleacherNation just posted this regarding how the Hawks are splitting up the practice groups.

    https://www.bleachernation.com/blackhawks/2025/09/25/blackhawks-roster-already-starting-to-take-shape/

    No real surprises there in my eyes other than Korchinski who I thought played a good game. I’d love to see Lardis get in a game and see what he can do against some better competition. One thing I do like is that Blashill doesn’t seem to be waiting too long to get the “main” guys going and concentrating on getting that group to iron out the details.

    I have no idea why, but I’m really interested to see how Foligno does this year.

    #37620
    CoachFrenchy
    Participant

    Welcome in the HHS family.

    #37619
    CoachFrenchy
    Participant

    @boilermaker thanks, my friend. I truly believe HHS’s success with the Blackhawks coverage depends on all of you. Without this community, none of it happens. We’ve already built a great group here, and your comments and analysis make the forum better every day. I love reading what everyone brings — keep it coming, invite others, and let’s keep growing this thing together. Much appreciated.

    #37607
    CoachFrenchy
    Participant

    @LAHAWK Welcome to the HHS family! Really appreciate your kind words about my articles. We’re lucky to have a great group of people here who love hockey, share their opinions, and keep the conversations going.

    I’m always up for debates and different perspectives — as long as it’s done with respect, that’s how we all get better. Any feedback on my articles or ideas to improve the site are always welcome, don’t hesitate.

    If there’s a topic you’d like me to cover, just drop it in the forum. I try to check in at least once a day and enjoy adding my voice to the discussions. Looking forward to your takes!

    —Frenchy

    #37601
    Chunk
    Participant

    Chunk
    Well that kind of depends, doesn’t it? After a turnover in your own zone, what are his responsibilities? If I had to guess, he’s not allowed to just chase the puck all over the zone until he gets it back. It was bad, but it’s also preseason playing with a bunch of guys he hasn’t much in practice and who likely won’t be with the club to start the year.

    Point it out, learn, and move on…

    I want to see how he does with Burakovsky and Donato. I’ll also hold any judgement on Nazar until I see him back with TT and Bertuzzi. They both looked very disjointed and unsure to me yesterday.

    ……….

    Chunk, I had a bad feed yesterday. Help me out…… At the sidewall bedard took a pass and it looked like he coughed not got stripped. Which was it….. Then he was so flat footed and unaware he didn’t even move his feet he pathetically reached as the Wing drove thru the circle. Wrong?

    And I didn’t see Bedard below his endline much, if at all. Kid was above or at the top of the circles when the puck was below the dots in his zone. Looked to me he had winger responsibilities. Wrong? Anyone have a thought?………. So no Chunk, we don’t know what his resposibilities were on the cough/strip but regardless the attempt and awareness at recovery of the puck was feckless. As he’s been 80% of his time as a Hawk..[/quote]

    Hey Rico. No getting around it. It was a crap play by Bedard. I was following the puck after the turnover so didn’t see exactly what Bedard did. I’m not going to fret much that he’s not a Selke candidate. His game is offense. If he can be reasonable defensively (a la Kane) and put up 100 pts, I’ll be a happy camper. If you are expecting him to turn into some greatly improved defensive player, you are likely going to be gravely disappointed.

    If I’m handicapping it right now, I think Frondell ultimately ends up the 1C and Bedard will ultimately end up a wing. I just think it will free him up to be the point producer he’s destined to be. Frondell is really impressive on his skates and just finds the right places to be. He’s incredibly solid. I watched his last game on the Flosports app. He’s a lot of fun to watch.

    #37600

    Hello everyone, hope y’all had a wonderful summer.

    Thanks Boilermaker for directing to this site. Really enjoying CoachFrenchy’s blogs. Clear, concise with ton’s of info, and in-depth analysis.

    As far as the team, the old adage wait until after the first 20 games to see what you have really pertains to this team. New systems (again), new players young team will take awhile for Blashill to sort out the players roles.

    Welcome back LA. I figure Blashill learned something under Cooper.

    #37599
    boilermaker
    Participant

    Hello everyone, hope y’all had a wonderful summer.

    Great to hear from you LA. Hope you’re doing well.

    We’re fortunate to have such a knowledgeable writer as Frenchy. We got a good thing going here between his blogs and this thread.

    Looking forward to the season. They’ll be some growing pains early as you mentioned, but I think they will eventually gel and show some progress.

    #37598
    Metalhead
    Participant

    Replying to MH’s 1:27 post.
    I’m still expecting KK to be one of the two remaining to make the team.

    Could be. I wouldn’t be surprised if they run him up and down the RFD shuttle this year.
    As Mr Ricochet mentioned, it’s weird how young KK still is.

    Nik Hjalmarsson (yes I’m aware a totally different type of D-man) did not stay up for good until he was 22 years, 4 months.
    KK would not be 22 years, 4 months until the start of the ’26/27 season.
    At that time (early October 2026) he would only be one month older than Duncan Keith, when Duncan Keith played his first ever NHL game.
    And as great as he became, Keith still had some warts early in his NHL career.

    KK’s development arc is already disappointing based on his draft position (Adam Boqvist 2.0 anybody?)
    Hopefully he gets it, sooner rather than later.

    #37594
    LAHawk
    Participant

    Hello everyone, hope y’all had a wonderful summer.

    Thanks Boilermaker for directing to this site. Really enjoying CoachFrenchy’s blogs. Clear, concise with ton’s of info, and in-depth analysis.

    As far as the team, the old adage wait until after the first 20 games to see what you have really pertains to this team. New systems (again), new players young team will take awhile for Blashill to sort out the players roles.

    #37580
    Mr Ricochet
    Participant

    I can’t get my quote to take….
    Replying to MH’s 1:27 post.
    I’m still expecting KK to be one of the two remaining to make the team.

    ………………

    rpeters, KK just turned 21 in June. Besides that wasted season as a 19/20 yr old in the NHL has 16 more NHL games 56 AHL games. He’s still green and hopefully gets placed properly to develop and right now IMO that’s the AHL…….. But camp and the preseason should flesh this thing out.

Viewing 10 posts - 971 through 980 (of 1,383 total)
Scroll to Top