Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 1,091 through 1,100 (of 1,235 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Brossoit’s On Top 17 List for NHL Draft #10820
    Pat1993
    Participant

    @Pat.

    I am not sure Dobson is what we need, tbh.

    Not gonna complain if they get him, sign him, and he turn out to be the real deal…. Just not convinced he is a $10-11M player.

    But maybe that is just my old man mentality thinking that only real elite players should be crossing the $10M threshold, and I am not convinced he is elite top 5-10D in the league.

    Also, sort of biased by the contracts like Suzuki, Slaf, and CC have… I know, different circumstances, different cap limits, etc…

    agreed, and with the salary cap going up, you might not be distributing your investments evenly throughout the roster if you’re simply giving more money to the same players.

    in reply to: Brossoit’s On Top 17 List for NHL Draft #10811
    Pat1993
    Participant

    I think, with the cap projected to go up significantly and core guys we have on good deals for the next 4-6 years, if the Habs could lock up both for $8-10M each they could make it work.

    Not sure that is a realistic view on contract they would sign, though.

    in reply to: Brossoit’s On Top 17 List for NHL Draft #10807
    Pat1993
    Participant

    ah bin tabarnak, I got a ban on HB until Sept. 19th for posting a laffie while quoting Waterboy’s comment…

    all he said was “always a fun read!” in Smillie’s blog, and I was 100% sure he was being sarcastic loll.

    what the actual (frank).
    ????

    in reply to: Brossoit’s On Top 17 List for NHL Draft #10799
    Pat1993
    Participant

    @ Pat : because of the salary cap.

    You cant have 2 number one defenseman on the same team.

    yeah, I was kidding lol.

    but at the same time with the cap going up it would be amazeballs if they somehow managed to sign both players without messing up the team’s salary structure too badly…

    both players will make a lot of money but are sound investments imho.

    in reply to: Brossoit’s On Top 17 List for NHL Draft #10776
    Pat1993
    Participant

    It looks like the Isles are shopping Dobson around. But the guy is looking for more than 11M$ per season.

    Mtl should focus on signing Hutson first, cause it wont be cheap.

    If you ask me.

    in reply to: Brossoit’s On Top 17 List for NHL Draft #10604
    Pat1993
    Participant

    just enough time to get the kinks worked out for the upcoming season

    perhaps the people in charge are gonna be proactive about it but I wouldn’t keep my hopes up either lol

    in reply to: Brossoit’s On Top 17 List for NHL Draft #10592
    Pat1993
    Participant

    I thought it was a physical injury. TSN saying Toews missed the past two NHL seasons after stepping away from hockey, citing the effects of Chronic Immune Response Syndrome and long COVID.

    Did not realize that was the reason, somewhat surprised more players did not get hit with long COVID tbh… I know a few people who took months and months to get better.

    indeed, even athletes or very healthy people who weren’t considered at risk at all were affected by it, it was a very arbitrary thing.

    in reply to: Brossoit’s On Top 17 List for NHL Draft #10581
    Pat1993
    Participant

    Toews in winnipeg is gonna be weird. IDK. He hasn’t played in 2 and half years.

    I think he was out because of covid complications…?

    he might surprise us and actually play well, who knows.

    in reply to: Brossoit’s On Top 17 List for NHL Draft #10571
    Pat1993
    Participant

    so Toews to WPG, what a surprise!
    also Bennett in FLA, another surprise.
    boring

    comme un vieux sage a déjà dit, “qu’y mangent dla marde”.

    in reply to: Brossoit’s On Top 17 List for NHL Draft #10564
    Pat1993
    Participant

    Back to hockey…. looking at the various trade bait lists really has nothing of interest to the Habs out there.

    well as you’ve previously mentioned we can always expect the unexpected with Hughes and Gorton, a move or two that are outside of the reported rumor mill…

Viewing 10 posts - 1,091 through 1,100 (of 1,235 total)
Scroll to Top