Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 251 through 260 (of 1,235 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Canadiens Inconsistent, But Good Enough #56230
    Pat1993
    Participant

    After his tantrum when he did not get what he wanted out of Montreal, yes, I did say good riddence.

    Before he whined about it, I wanted him back

    “tantrum”, wtf
    😂

    in reply to: Canadiens Inconsistent, But Good Enough #56221
    Pat1993
    Participant

    I said before the season started that Demidov could drive his own line by himself and did not need an elite centre to play with him. Was I wrong?

    no, I also had the same assumption, but at the same time the guys playing with Demidov need to be talented enough to follow his pace and playmaking abilities, which I wasn’t sure about for Kapanen.

    agreed on Laine, if he were to come back today there wouldn’t be any space for him in the top 6, which is a good thing lol.

    in reply to: Canadiens Inconsistent, But Good Enough #56216
    Pat1993
    Participant

    canadaaaaaa,
    how’s everything going up there?

    …
    🤣

    in reply to: Canadiens Inconsistent, But Good Enough #56194
    Pat1993
    Participant

    When he is not happy, Danault can cause problems

    I clearly remember this, he was asked about his role and what he thought he could bring to the team, and answered honestly.

    those who interpreted this as complaining are the same ones who said “good riddance” when he left, pretty sure you were among those people… anyway I disagree with how you see this lol, but it’s all good.

    in reply to: Canadiens Inconsistent, But Good Enough #56191
    Pat1993
    Participant

    He did it in MTL at the end and did it with the Kings.

    Meh.

    We will see.

    not saying you’re necessarily wrong, but the “whining” you speak of is your interpretation of things, not a fact.

    in reply to: Canadiens Inconsistent, But Good Enough #56189
    Pat1993
    Participant

    he is known to be a whiner that way and that just kills the vibe of a dressing room.

    really..? wouldn’t that be just an impression you have because of how things ended for him in MTL?

    in reply to: Canadiens Inconsistent, But Good Enough #56187
    Pat1993
    Participant

    Not sure if Evans is going to miss some play time, but at least they made a trade before he got hurt, or the Kinds might have asked for more.

    I am not sure the trade was worth a 2nd round pick, but if Evans is out long-term, I won’t grumble too much.

    Danault and Evans as the 3 / 4 Cs is an upgrade.

    yeah, seems to be a knee injury in Evans’ case, hopefully he doesn’t require surgery or anything like that, enough with the injuries already god damn it.

    in reply to: Canadiens Inconsistent, But Good Enough #56160
    Pat1993
    Participant

    If you remove this season (where Danault obviously didn’t work with his new coach), Danault remains a pretty effective player.

    The fact he’s signed for only 1 more season after this year makes it a perfect transition move to Hage if things go smoothly with the young man.

    I don’t know which other options are/were out there and the pricetag attached to them. But I wasn’t a fan of giving up too much for a Kadri (whom I hate) or a O’Reilly as they didn’t really fit into what should remain the objective for this team: start your cup competitive window in 2 years.

    true, when looking at the bigger picture, this season has been an anomaly in Danault’s career, chances are he’ll manage to get on a better pace with the habs. I still would’ve preferred having LA retain salary, but it isn’t a huge risk either.

    totally agreed on the older and potentially much more expensive options, Hughes did well to stay away from those since they wouldn’t fit all that much in the habs’ rebuilding plans.

    in reply to: Canadiens Inconsistent, But Good Enough #56152
    Pat1993
    Participant

    Love the trade and I’m glad Danault (who never should have left imho) is back. He’ll fill a glaring need as a left handed centreman.

    I would’ve preferred a different move, but between this and not doing anything at all, it was a logical trade for Hughes to make.

    in reply to: Canadiens Inconsistent, But Good Enough #56148
    Pat1993
    Participant

    Mash
    Participant
    Also, Texier has 1 move in the shootout, he used it last week, has been scouted, and for some fucking reason MSL sends him out there to do that one move that 100% of the people are expecting,

    I didn’t mind the selection all that much but I was expecting Texier to try another move, that one looks kinda dumb when it fails lol…

    I guess it depends on the execution, Suzuki was able to use the same move for a while before goalies started catching on.

Viewing 10 posts - 251 through 260 (of 1,235 total)
Scroll to Top