Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Flyers: Carlsson, Next Steps and More #77520
    szandor
    Participant

    Before everyone tells me I’m an idiot, I know I am 100% in the minority here. I’m glad the deal fell through. All I could see was that contract handcuffing the team for the next 5 years. It took almost a decade to get out from under all the bad contracts this team had.
    Also, how many times have we signed a big player and by the end of season 2 they are on the 4th line or a healthy scratch? When we resigned JVR, everyone said “the Flyers are making a splash”, he didn’t even make it a full season before he was on the 4th line. Hayes played great his first season then we see where that went. Honest question, was Briere himself the last big free agent that was worth the paycheck? I guarantee I’m wrong, but nothing is jumping off the top of my head.
    I know it’s an overly conservative mindset. Maybe I’m just being dumb, and it would have been the best thing ever, but it felt like the risk out weighed the reward to me.

    in reply to: BREAKING: Ducks Match Flyers Carlsson Offer-Sheet #77497
    szandor
    Participant

    Before everyone tells me I’m an idiot, I know I am 100% in the minority here. I’m glad the deal fell through. All I could see was that contract handcuffing the team for the next 5 years. It took almost a decade to get out from under all the bad contracts this team had.
    Also, how many times have we signed a big player and by the end of season 2 they are on the 4th line or a healthy scratch? When we resigned JVR, everyone said “the Flyers are making a splash”, he didn’t even make it a full season before he was on the 4th line. Hayes played great his first season then we see where that went. Honest question, was Briere himself the last big free agent that was worth the paycheck?
    Maybe I’m just being dumb, and it would have been the best thing ever, but it felt like the risk out weighed the reward to me.

    in reply to: Flyers and Carlsson: What You Need to Know #77065
    szandor
    Participant

    Doesn’t this open Pandora’s box? For the price tag alone I would expect retaliation. If not directly from Anaheim, then from a friend of a friend.

    in reply to: BREAKING: Flyers Offer-Sheet Leo Carlsson #77059
    szandor
    Participant

    Doesn’t this open Pandora’s box? For the price tag alone I would expect retaliation. If not directly from Anaheim, then from a friend of a friend.

    in reply to: The Stanley Cup Playoffs Without OT Losses #70632
    szandor
    Participant

    I’ve always thought it should look like this…
    Win (reg/OT) – 2 pts
    Win (shootout) – 1 pt
    Loss (any) – 0 pts

    This way it encourages a team win vs. the skills competition.

    in reply to: Flyers Are Hitting the Wall at the Wrong Time #60201
    szandor
    Participant

    Let’s also not forget their best line for 2 years now (Cates/Brink/Foerster) is down to 1 player.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Scroll to Top