Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 posts - 711 through 717 (of 717 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Blackhawks 2025-2026 General Comments #24739
    BetweenTheDots
    Participant

    I know there’s a lot of love out there for the Habs but i have to admit I’m really curious to see how they do this year. The east looks like it’s getting weaker every year.

    Do the Caps all of a sudden look like the Bruins this year? Bolts, Rangers, Pens players all getting AARP cards in the mail. Seems to me some teams are going to be better because their own division is getting worse.

    in reply to: Chelios Warns: Bedard Needs More Help in Chicago #24368
    BetweenTheDots
    Participant

    I always find this to be an interesting debate. I’d be incline to agree with anyone if the Blackhawks were not doing anything to bring in more talent into the organization.

    The orgs you mention did not dedicate themselves to an aggressive rebuild like the Blackhawks, not even close.

    Imagine the year McDavid was drafted and the Oilers went this route, but instead of McD its happening with Bedard.

    I appreciate Chris opinion but what Bedard needs more than anything is another line that’s a threat to score.

    in reply to: Blackhawks 2025-2026 General Comments #24033
    BetweenTheDots
    Participant

    I know things can change but all signs point to USHL after the football season then MSU hockey next year.

    in reply to: Blackhawks 2025-2026 General Comments #24030
    BetweenTheDots
    Participant

    I don’t think it’ll be an issue, he sounds like he’s a team player saying he’s doing this for his teammates to win a state title.

    That to me is a staple of hockey players, team first.

    in reply to: 25-26 Chicago Blackhawks Season Preview #23965
    BetweenTheDots
    Participant

    Nice breakdown, i would also like to add, i felt that Sorensen opened things up when he became the head coach that’s why the rise of GA. Personally i felt Jones was only going through the motions with this team.

    The encouraging thing for me last year was we had actual puck possession in the offensive zone for long stretches but not able to score goals by wearing teams out.

    I think that’ll come next, i just think of all the misses by Nazar on his breakaway attempts and laugh when he said that was definitely something he’s going to be working on this summer. If he scored on half of them he’d of had 6 or 7 more goals last season.

    I’m definitely a fan of more speed, so my guess is Burak will fit right in, when you look at all be it young team i believe we’ll be even harder to play against because of the increased team speed.

    BetweenTheDots
    Participant

    I do think they need to have 2 different prospect rankings

    NHL ready prospect rankings
    Nazar and Rinzel

    Top talent rankings, when they begin to reach their prime at about 24 years old

    Arty, Frondell, Moore, West, Lardis, Kansternov, Korchinski and so on.

    Just think in the past 4 years the Blackhawks have drafted 15 kids in the top 40!!!!

    Hard for any team to compete with that and i think when it’s all said and done Frondell will be the prize of that draft.

    BetweenTheDots
    Participant

    I don’t know what the record of the Blackhawks will be but I’m excited about this season, it sucked when we traded Cat, Hagel, Kane, and had to watch a bunch of scrubs.

    Bedard was exciting to watch and to see Vlasic grow into a solid defenseman.

    But we are finally in a spot where i can enjoy watching both the Blackhawks and the ice hogs.

    I believe one of the things i mentioned that wasn’t posted was what i really like about the rebuild is the depth, if one of Korchinski, Arty or Rinzel don’t work out that’s fine but what does a team like SJ do if Dickinson doesn’t become the guy many think he will? They have to hope a 26 year old Dobson is available for tradeb and have to pay him.

    Habs had to give up 2 first round picks which will affect future depth for them.

    I’m hoping to one day see a PP of Bedard, Nazar, Lardis, Frondell, and Arty or Rinzel. They all can shoot and are good at handling the puck.

Viewing 7 posts - 711 through 717 (of 717 total)
Scroll to Top