Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 271 through 280 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Hockeyhotstove.com– site feedback #13531
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster

    The quote plug-in has been added to reply to a specific post.

    thank you for adding the plug-in, Bill.

    not sure if you received any feedback on it yet but there seems to be an issue with the number of times you can quote and continue the same conversation with someone, it always includes all of the previous quotes, and I think after 3 the quote option simply does nothing when you click submit… ideally it should just show the post you’re directly quoting, not all the previous ones, and for an unlimited number of times (my humble opinion).

    also, the “reply” option is still there, but does it do anything?

    Part or all of a previous reply can be taken out with quoting it. The reply option takes you to the reply section but doesn’t quote it. It’s functional but still a little clunky.

    in reply to: 2025 Draft thread #13369
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster
    in reply to: 2025 Draft thread #13235
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster

    Day 2 running blog complete

    2025 NHL Draft: Flyers Running Blog (Day Two)

    in reply to: 2025 Draft thread #12938
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster
    in reply to: 2025 Draft thread #12330
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster
    in reply to: 2025 Draft thread #12185
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster

    I’m far from a scouting expert, but I think it is fair to point out Mike Richards at Kitchener in his first 2 seasons had significant more production then Brady Martin At Soo. Richards showed an ability to be a much more consistent play maker then Martin. I believe there is some debate whether Martin should stay at center with his playing style and ability to shoot. I just go back to this draft pick @ 6 will probably be the highest draft pick this regime will pick unless something really goes wrong. The more likely outcome is if the Flyers select again this high, another GM will be in place. Briere has to select a forward who he believes can be a first line player. Now in the end, he may believe that is the case for Martin. I would find it perplexing if Hagens or Marrtone on the board, Briere believes Martin has the higher chance to be a first line forward.

    Martin didn’t immediately get promoted in the lineup, and the Soo were a pretty meh team this past year. Richards had a better team around him in Kitchener. I’m not advocating for Martin specifically but it’s not totally apples-to-apples. By the U18s, Martin looked like a legit top-10 candidate.

    in reply to: 2025 Draft thread #12183
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster

    Running draft blog… I will update it throughout the day as soon as possible (obviously not during the drive to Atlantic City…. it’s an eternal inside joke in print media that taking a long drive is a virtually guarantee that news breaks during the drive before you can stop and write)

    2025 NHL Draft: Flyers Running Blog (Day One)

    in reply to: 2025 Draft thread #12040
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster

    Marek suggests if PHI or BOS trades up, it will be for Brady Martin. Everybody looking for the next Sam Bennett apparently. I would assume Utah @ 4 would be the only possible pick in the top 5 in play to be traded.

    oh please don’t give up anything for Martin. Just acquire players like him when you’re ready for the cup run

    Let’s just say the Mike Richards comparisons pan out…. you build contending teams WITH that sort of player. LA might still have won their Cups without him (although he certainly helped). Martin isn’t my first preference but I won’t be upset if he’s the pick.

    in reply to: Utah Mammoth #11725
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster

    Still learning to navigate the site as I transition over from HB. Hoping this is a big success Bill.

    Thank you!

    in reply to: Hockeyhotstove.com– site feedback #11605
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster

    also, i shall behave unless it becomes unhinged, which i doubt since Bill is a professional

    The quote plug-in has been added to reply to a specific post.

Viewing 10 posts - 271 through 280 (of 415 total)
Scroll to Top