Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Bill MeltzerKeymaster
Bill MeltzerKeymasterThere are only a couple of players in this draft that I think have even a 30% chance of becoming 80-plus point guys in the NHL. Misa is one. Hagen is the other.
Bill MeltzerKeymasterIf Hagens makes it to six, he’s gotta be the pick. I don’t think Desnoyers makes it 6th. However, the more I think about where I think the Flyers may go with this, the more I think it may be O’Brien (who should be there at six). Has to fill out but a taller kid than the 5-foot-10 1/2 Hagens. Both are playmakers. To me, however, Hagens was the consensus 1st overall guy coming into this year and he shouldn’t have fallen THAT much. He’s still one hell of a prospect. So, if he’s there, I’d take him with no hesitation.
Bill MeltzerKeymasterYork, first and foremost. But also someone like Pelletier, who he didn’t think could play and hardly gave a chance to prove otherwise. Shaw did, thankfully, and then the Calgary version the player soon re-emerged.
Bill MeltzerKeymasterTocchet will have a certain amount of say. But part of what ended TOrtorella’s time was overstepping his boundaries on who should or shouldn’t be around and what he’d do if someone he didn’t want around was still there.
Bill MeltzerKeymaster
Bill MeltzerKeymaster
Bill MeltzerKeymasterThanks, Kicksave!
Bill MeltzerKeymasterSitting in the classroom where my wife teaches. Killing time online.
Bill MeltzerKeymasterWe had the aggressiveness of the auto ads turned down today. It means fewer ad impressions/ less revenue temporarily but it absolutely DOES affect user experience. The auto ads are temporary, anyway, but will be here til everything is sorted out with getting our main advertiser’s ads (minimal but strategically) placed on the site. We don’t want to add a paid subscription model so we have to make up for it with primary ads and a secondary one. No way around doing one, the other. or a combo of both. But user experience matters, too. None of us like sites littered with all sorts of ads. So we are working on minimal ads that meet BOTH advertiser needs and user experience needs.
Same thing with the Fan Forums. We take user feedback seriously and want to adjust what folks need to get more from the experience. It also helps if users spread the word. Again, more use means less obtrusive ads around the site. We really want to keep it free for all to use. I am not a fan of the paid subscription model with pay walls.
-
AuthorPosts