Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
May 22, 2025 at 7:27 pm in reply to: Bill Meltzer — Quick Hits: Worlds QF, Laperriere, Shaw, and More #6222
Bill MeltzerKeymasterNothing health-related with Lappy.
He had no HC experience before taking the Phantoms job.
May 21, 2025 at 2:28 pm in reply to: Bill Meltzer — Quick Hits (May 21, 2025): Worlds, Assistant coach #6077
Bill MeltzerKeymasterI don’t think that Lappy is going to be one of the assistant coaches.
Bill MeltzerKeymasterThey aren’t think playoffs or bust in 2o25-26. They hope to get a little better next year and a lot better in 2026-27. Will it work? It’s fair to say believe it when you see it. This is now an 11-year-process, and counting. Three different GMS, various coaches, but still, one long cycle with only one playoff series win and a lot of playoff misses. It’s fair to be skeptical until you see results.
Bill MeltzerKeymasterI would be shocked if Martone drops out of the top five (I think he goes third). I don’t expect Frondell to go in the top three. O’Brien rose with a bullet in the second half. I wouldn’t mind that pick forPhilly if this scenario actually played out. However, if you’re drafting BA prospect and not taking a center no matter what, that would be Martone in this mock.
Also, I don’t think Ryabkin falls to 40.
Bill MeltzerKeymasterI’m not taking McQueen at 6th. The back injury scares me. And he’s kind of a project anyway.
Bill MeltzerKeymasterNo to Rossi. Can’t have BOTH your projected C1 and C2 (Luchanko) being sub six-foot, when you also have Drysdale, York and possibly Andrae as top six D.
Bill MeltzerKeymasterI am not especially optimistic of the Flyers landing a true top-flight center this offseason. I have heard there is interest in Gabe Vilardi, moving him back to center from wing. But how doable it is to acquire him, I do not know.
Bill MeltzerKeymaster
Bill MeltzerKeymasterIt’s been very quiet so far as relates to European players. Last year, there were some hints related to Abols and Eklind. This year, not so much.
Bill MeltzerKeymasterSounds about right for the market on Allen
-
AuthorPosts