Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Flyers Game Day: April 13 vs. Hurricanes #70421
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster

    Lots of regulars out for Carolina tonight. Still have to win it

    Flyers can’t worry about who is in or out for Carolina tonight. They’ve been sitting regulars the last few games (although not quite this many) and still won. Boston had a bunch of regulars out against Columbus yesterday and still one. So I agree totally: just win it.

    in reply to: Flyers Game Day: April 13 vs. Hurricanes #70390
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster

    Carolina has been tough on the Flyers the last few years. I was wondering if Tocchet puts Ersson in goal tonight and saves Vladar for Tuesday in a possible win or die game vs Montreal?

    Vladar is starting.

    Flyers are 1-9-7 in their last 17 games against the Canes. No better time to change that.

    in reply to: Flyers Game Day: April 13 vs. Hurricanes #70389
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster

    Why call up Jiricek unless there is an injury? I doubt they throw him in to any of these games. Wouldn’t he be better suited playing in the must win games for the Phantoms instead of watching NHL games from the pressbox?

    Juulsen is still a bit banged up. But Andrae stays in the lineup tonight so I’m not totally sure why they called up Jiricek right now. I would think the only way he plays tomorrow –barring an injury to someone else, of course — is if the team clinches tonight. Phantoms are still (somewhat) alive in the AHL playoff chase.

    in reply to: Flyers In-Season Discussion #70196
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster

    Predictions for tomorrow in Winnipeg?

    in reply to: Flyers Game Day: April 7 @ NJ #69870
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster

    The main issue I have is, who are these quality free agents? The list of UFA’s is pretty bare when it comes to difference making players.

    It’s a fair concern. Teams tend to extend these players — especially at C and D — before they ever hit uFA status.

    in reply to: Flyers Game Day: April 7 @ NJ #69869
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster

    Just a quick list–Mikael Granlund, Boone Jenner, Mason McTavish, Marco Rossi, Gabe Vilardi. We would all prefer somebody younger like McTavish, but we will see what happens. Maybe some sort of a trade for non free agent? Something has to be done because Dvorak and Coots are not top line Centers.

    Agreed. The Flyers do have a surplus at wing, so that helps.

    in reply to: Flyers Game Day: April 7 @ NJ #69852
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster

    Go FLYERS!

    Thanks for coming aboard. Please help us spread the word about the Flyers Forum.

    in reply to: Flyers Game Day: April 7 @ NJ #69851
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster

    I am all in on this team making the playoffs, because if they don’t, it will be a disaster. Another year on the outside looking in, but this time with a draft pick in the late teens. I feel like they will be offer sheeting Fantilli or Carlsson because that is the only way they get a true #1 center.

    I think good players can be drafted in different spots. I also don’t think just barely missing out this year would be a disaster longer term, but it would be pretty damn disappointing at this point. I do agree that the only way to bring in a center has to be from the outside. However, a Fantilli or Carlsson offer sheet would be matched. If they go the trade route, perhaps someone like Mason McTavish, who has had a down year and whose team has to get Carlsson and Gauthier signed.

    in reply to: Flyers Game Day: April 5 vs. Bruins #69747
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster

    What a game!

    in reply to: Flyers Beat Isles: The Good, the Bad & The Ugly #69620
    Bill Meltzer
    Keymaster

    Huge win! Hopefully we get some help in the games tonight? Good game by Matvei, but he’s making too many trips to the penalty box. Hopefully he out grows this bad habit sooner than later.

    He’ll probably cut the bad PIMs a bit next year. Getting help so far except from Winnipeg vs. Columbus so far.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 415 total)
Scroll to Top