Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Freakshow
ParticipantDavid Pagnotta on the Sekeres & Price Podcast about the interest of the LA Kings for Elias Pettersson: ”I think if the price drops and the opportunity is there, I think Ken Holland & company would pounce on that. The interest was real. I don’t know where it stands right now […]” #NHL #GoKingsGo #Canucks
Freakshow
ParticipantYou know, Brock Boeser only needs 28 goals to tie Pavel Bure for 5th all time Canucks goal scoring at 254 goals. He’s also 8th all time in points, I did not know that.
Freakshow
ParticipantHe actually had like 21 points in 13 games in January 2024 and 13 points in 12 games in December, something like that, it was after the deal was signed he went into a slump. Mid March or something like that he went into a 10 or 15 game goal-less drought. Then he was so bad in the playoffs. Probably when he mentally started to checkout from the bullying – lol. I’ll find his stats from that year and link it below.
https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/p/petteel01/gamelog/2024/
Freakshow
ParticipantI get what you’re saying. The timing of the signings is the issue with the EP40 for me . Buium signs when he is trending up, EP signs when he is trending down. EP was also a huge reason for the internal conflict.
One thing RJ said yesterday is he loves ZB leadership and enthusiasm in the room. I thought he was going to pee himself he was so happy.
I hope he gets traded, I think it’s time for a fresh start for both the team and himself. That being said. He signed his current deal March 2, 2024 after scoring 89 points in 82 games, he was not in any sort of decline. Yeah he scored 102 points the year before but to think he was going to be a perennial 100 point guy is wishful thinking, at best. Sidney Crosby has six one hundred point seasons in his twenty one year career, to put that into perspective. 89 points in 82 games is pretty damn good, he was 18th in NHL scoring that year. They just gave him about two million too much and they ignored the dressing room issues enough that they ended up destroying everything they’d built. If they knew he was part of the problem, which he clearly was, why give him a huge contract. They were awful managers, that’s why!!!
-
This reply was modified 1 month ago by
Freakshow.
Freakshow
ParticipantContract is risky but you hope you are right. You go all in and show the kid you like what you see or you lose him in four years. I am not going to complain but it can go south.
It is not like handing an 11.6 contract to a player wearing and anchor. I look at it as investing in the future.
I think it’s actually riskier than the 11.6 million dollar Petey contract because Petey had proven himself, Buium has not. Yeah things went sideways with Pettersson because of the dysfunctional dressing room, internal struggles, and lack of commitment to training, but he had 259 point in 242 games during his bridge contract. Including 102 and 89 point seasons. They paid him too much but he earned himself a big contract, again, Buium has not. High ceiling kid though.
Freakshow
ParticipantNot that I think Buium is a bad player, he’s not, but Sam Dickinson, who I think is a better player, must be licking his chops right now.
Freakshow
ParticipantIt’s funny, it feels like this kid has been around forever but he actually just turned 20 like a week and a half ago, he’s so young. Very talented kid, too much pressure way too early. He’ll find his place and be an NHL’er at some point but it won’t be as a number one center like most people had hoped for, he was just never that good or he would’ve been drafted a lot higher than he was.
Freakshow
ParticipantBuium Just signed 8 yrs 9.38m per.
Hope this one ages well.
Yup, just read that, hopefully he turns into a good one!!
Freakshow
ParticipantIs Marwood tending Makita’s chickens and goats?
Marwood can’t even tie his own shoes his back is so bad and he’s usually high as a kite with government provided high-test weed. Welfare bum!!
Freakshow
ParticipantWord Press sites are for beginners and have many issues but they get the job done.
I think things will pick up here next week when Donny and Rick come back on Tuesday and Canucks open training camp.
Agreed. Still better than HB though. HF boards is okay but too regimented. This should work even with the glitches.
What happened to the Mall Cop Makita?
He’s a corrupt Liberal…lol, I think he moved to the Caribbean for work.
-
This reply was modified 1 month ago by
-
AuthorPosts