Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Dog Days 2.0 #80658
    Freakshow
    Participant

    @PlayoffJim

    And you’re right in that hockey might become less and less of a thing in Canada, I read something like 45% of Canadians are now either not born in Canada or first generation Canadians (mostly Indo’s), but some of them are the most rabid hockey fans.

    in reply to: Dog Days 2.0 #80657
    Freakshow
    Participant

    When the cap was at 82 mil Canucks needed the playoffs to make a profit (I read that back then) Now the cap is over 100 mil. You can already see the cuts Aquilini is making. Hockey is going to become like baseball where you use to have the Yankees Red Sox Dodgers and one or two other teams always winning because of no limits to the cap.
    There comes a point where money in doesn’t justify money out.

    Mtl Tor and Edm can compete with that cap but Ott Vcr Wpg and Cgy can not. This is just a gut feeling but I believe in the future Canada’s interest in hockey in the next 10 years is going to drop off after being on the bottom always and outside streaming.

    Vancouver isn’t a small market team, but they do have a billionaire owner, however, a lot of Aquilini’s personal wealth is tied up in the valuation of the Canucks franchise, all the other areas of their collective business empire are probably suffering like most other things in Canada these days, well, except the oil & gas business in Alberta. Maybe they’re hurting financially with the downturn in the Canadian and BC economies, and they’re probably cutting spending because they’re a last place team, they’ve spent money foolishly in recent years with zero results. If I owned the team in their current rebuild situation I’ve have the team at the floor too.

    Calgary has a beautiful new building coming online next season, 2027/28, so they should see their revenue significantly rise. Small market teams like Ottawa and Winnipeg are in tough though, you’re right. The next generation of NHL fans below us dinosaurs actually prefer streaming, I don’t like it but I’m 60 years old, I prefer my good old fashioned cable tv. Although I do have subscriptions like Amazon Prime through our Amazon account and we do have Paramount+ so I can watch “Landman” hahaha…what a great show. Oh, and I do have ESPN+ as it’s only $10.99 a month and I get 99% of the games with that.

    in reply to: Dog Days 2.0 #80656
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Jeff Marek: I had lunch with a manager…who said we think that—our team thinks that in five years the salary cap could be 150 million dollars – DFO Rundown (8/31)
    ____
    NHLRR: The salary cap is only set for the next couple of seasons, after which many expect it to climb significantly

    in reply to: Dog Days 2.0 #80642
    Freakshow
    Participant

    I never thought this would need explaining but when Canucks fans or any other Canadian team buy tickets they pay in Canadian dollars so when the team pays the players there is an exchange rate difference.

    Three of the top five NHL teams in terms of single team revenue generation are Canadian teams, Edmonton, Toronto & Montreal. This somewhat mitigates the currency exchange, at least for those three teams. They charge a lot more for ticket prices than U.S. based teams and they have lucrative local TV deals in their markets that U.S. teams don’t have, because of the rabid hockey fans in Canada will pay for it, unlike the U.S. where professional hockey takes a back burner to many other sports. Vancouver is 12th according to the below list for team revenue generation for 2025 with 234 million, all in USD.

    https://www.cnbc.com/2025/11/25/cnbcs-official-nhl-team-valuations-2025.html

    in reply to: Suck it Booner. #80636
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Gotta admit, this site is a bit clunky, but it’s a lot better than where we used to go to talk shit to each other and rag on the Canucks.

    in reply to: The EP40 Drama that won’t go away FFS. #80484
    Freakshow
    Participant

    KB3 & Elliote both not signed and UFA’s. But they keep Ron Mclean? Read they may end up with Amazon.

    Amazon Prime in Canada costs $99 per year, it’s cheap, and includes select national NHL hockey games at no additional cost, I think they’re getting 26 NHL games this season. But their broadcasts are pretty bland, they could use both of those guys.

    in reply to: The EP40 Drama that won’t go away FFS. #80481
    Freakshow
    Participant

    I guess I don’t see him because he is dead to me.
    I hope he goes to Winnipeg with Landon.

    Hahaha…fair enough!! With Connor Bedard being injured for a few months I was hoping the Blackhawks trade for him, they need a second line center and something good to happen for their franchise coming out of a rebuild.

    in reply to: The EP40 Drama that won’t go away FFS. #80480
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Landon Ferraro
    @LandonFerraro
    ·
    22h
    Couldn’t be more excited for the opportunity to get to Winnipeg and call Jets games. x.com/tsn_pr/status/…

    One down two to go.

    Come on, I love Ray as a color guy!! So many haters on the left coast.

    in reply to: The EP40 Drama that won’t go away FFS. #80476
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Speaking of drama that won’t go away. Things are heating up with Evander Kane. Sounds like he is ready to do an Expose about what went on behind the scenes. I am not sure exactly yet about the details but I think he is taking aim at the Ferarros. I have no idea why two of the three F’s are are part of the Canucks broadcast. I wish all three were gone.

    He’s such a scumbag POS of a person.

    in reply to: The EP40 Drama that won’t go away FFS. #80475
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Pouty is not there, it’s D EP that is there. The one that cares about hockey.

    No, he’s there, stop lying and pay your bills on time.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 199 total)
Scroll to Top