Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Flyers Focus: Lines, Phantoms and More #82982
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    At this point in time I am not even worried that much that Jiricek wouldn’t make it through waivers. I can’t see too many teams taking a shot with having to have him on their NHL roster.

    It’s been predicted he would be lost in the next expansion draft anyway, so while I hope he somehow finds his way to live up to being the #6 overall pick, I feel like Bonk is a better player.

    in reply to: Flyers Focus: Camp, Briere and More #81698
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    Bill, what are your thoughts on Dom Luszczyszyn and Scott Wheeler of the Athletic saying the Flyers contention window is already closed? Seems a bit harsh, but their reasoning echoes what many in the fan base have been saying about the lack of high end talent, especially down the middle.

    in reply to: Flyers Focus: Camp Countdown, and More #79809
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    As a Flyers fan I hope Jett works out. I hope the injury was the main reason he never really “popped” after being drafted. That being said, I thought it was a bad pick that day (though Craig Button nailed it) and still think there were numerous centers available that will turn out to have better careers. I would have preferred Helenius, or Hage, or even Dean Letourneau.

    I hope I eat my words.

    in reply to: Flyers Focus: Berglund, FD and More #79332
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    I’ll be thinking about Myrts today as he begins his chemo. I have no issue with Berglund heading to Sweden.

    in reply to: How Bump & Barkey Can Impact Flyers Season #79065
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    I didn’t realize Bump was that big. The Flyers site lists him as 6 feet 195.

    in reply to: Flyers Focus: Godspeed, Myrt #78704
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    Watching his podcast today was a gutpunch. I don’t know him at all but I feel like I do, from watching him almost daily. When he started talking about wanting to see the Flyers win before he leaves was almost too much. Fight hard Myrt.

    in reply to: Flyers Thoughts On Michkov’s Big Summer #78675
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    And still only had the same amount of points as “bust” Michkov.

    in reply to: Flyers Thoughts On Michkov’s Big Summer #78639
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    Comes to camp out of shape. 2nd season under his second coach, under his second system, still learning to communicate and get used to the culture and country. Still puts up 51 points which is the same as Golden Boy Owen Tippett. People call him a bust while glazing Tippett nonstop. If an out of shape 2nd year player can still score 51 points, well……

    I believe being in shape will give him some confidence he may have lost after getting beaten up a little bit last season. Confidence is his whole game.

    I predict 70 points.

    in reply to: Flyers Focus: Drysdale Extended, What’s Next #78028
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    Danny B has been on fire this off season. Amazing deals for both players. If he gets Grebenkin in for under 2 AAV, that will leave him north of 14 million in cap space heading in to the season. When was the last time they were in that position?!

    As has been said by many, It looks like he is preparing the team to make a huge trade if the right one becomes available.

    in reply to: Flyers Focus: Opener and More #77900
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    A shockingly good signing in both term and cap hit. Briere does it again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 188 total)
Scroll to Top