Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Flyers In-Season Discussion #58308
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    So now they have $16.9 million tied up in three bottom 6 centers for the foreseeable future. Two who will be in their 30’s. I understand the “cap is going up” pablum is supposed to make that more palatable. I don’t have a problem with the cap hit per-se, I just don’t like the term. I think it is 2 years too long, really 3 years, but I doubt they were going to get him for 2 years.

    Add to that the system is chock full of bottom 6 center prospects with no top line 1C or 2C anywhere to be seen, the Flyers have a problem. FA is already bare and they will have to be VERY lucky to find one via trade (without an hefty overpay) or drafting in perpetual “Bubble” land moving forward.

    in reply to: Flyers In-Season Discussion #58208
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    Dvorak 5 years? Holy crap.

    in reply to: Flyers In-Season Discussion #55675
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    Yikes Tim Saunders!

    I wonder who will do the radio for the next two games?

    in reply to: Flyers In-Season Discussion #51008
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    Luchanko traded to Brantford.

    in reply to: Flyers Game Day Thread: Nov. 2 vs. Calgary #46936
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    That game was borderline unwatchable.

    ^ Agreed!

    Don’t you need to help your dad replace the urinal cakes in the section 114 mens rooms?

    in reply to: Flyers Game Day Thread: Nov. 2 vs. Calgary #46762
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    Ugly, ugly, hockey right there. I think there may have been a team party on Saturday night or something? :0

    That game was borderline unwatchable.

    in reply to: Flyers In-Season Discussion #46186
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    Any news on Couturier? I hope he didn’t fracture his elbow.

    in reply to: Flyers Game 4 Thread: 10/16/25 vs. WPG #42622
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    I guess the only reason Andrae was sent down is because he is waivers eligible? I don’t think there is any question he is a top 6 dman in this organization. He should be playing over Ginning and Juulson.

    And the Flyers have 2 losses.

    in reply to: Flyers Game 4 Thread: 10/16/25 vs. WPG #42393
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    I get the PK angle on why Michkov is getting less minutes. I was at the game against Florida and watched him A LOT. He just seems off. He made some good plays but a lot of what I saw was him seeming a bit lost on the ice, kind of like we may have expected him to be last year as a rookie.

    As for Andrae, he is a top 6 guy on this team and needs to stay in the lineup over Ginning or Juulson. He is just a better player than both of them.

    in reply to: Therien’s Take: Bernie Parent Was Bigger Than Life #36930
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    I met him on numerous occasions all the way back to when he would come to town for our Hockey Day in Brigantine in the late 70’s. He always treated you like you were his best friend. Even meeting him in to my 40’s I would bring up those Hockey Days and he would say how he remembered (even if he didn’t). I think he did, because he was always in Somers Point, hanging out at Charlie’s or Gregory’s. Talking fishing and hockey. What a great guy, he lit up every room. I’m so saddened by his loss.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 188 total)
Scroll to Top