Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Flyers Off Season Discussion: #28244
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    I believe them both to an extent; despite both being full of shit. Danny talks out both sides of his mouth. Numerous quotes over the years where he contradicts himself.

    “Hilf” is a stone-cold moron. Whatever “Jonesy” and briere sell him he will eat it up.

    What exactly are the fans buying into? The great bring back tocchet move?

    Like it or not, The Flyers have an identity they want to put forth and they will never move away from that. They would rather die on that “Play Like A Flyer” hill than ever change it or adapt. Their 50 years of playoff success has proven……..wait…..

    Whatever. I hope they do succeed using this model they mythologized over the course of the franchise. Hold on to it long enough that that league comes around to being a tough physical based game over skill based. I’m not holding my breath. Right now the Flyers lack size AND skill. ITs good they addressed some of that in this draft, at least with Martone. Either way, Ill be long dead before this team ever wins a cup.

    in reply to: Flyers Off Season Discussion: #27310
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    Gotta say I am surprised Danny got anything for him. A 6th is well worth getting some cap relief. Columbus had plenty of room to fit him in.

    in reply to: Flyers Quick Hits: Pre-Camp Activites, Rookie Camp, and More #27309
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    Fedotov traded to Columbus for a 6th round pick. This is a surprise. Not that the Flyers traded him, but that they got a pick for him.

    in reply to: Jett Luchanko Thread #26951
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    Is it sad that I am expecting any day now the Flyers announcement that Luchanko will require core surgery and be out an extended period of time? Simple groin injuries don’t last for months.

    in reply to: Flyers Rookie Camp: Now or Never for These Players #26108
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    They never seem to hit on those later round skill players. Sometimes I wonder if it is just an organizational failure that they cant seem to nurture these types of players, getting the most out of the skill they do have instead of trying to make them in to something they are not.

    in reply to: Price Trade a Prototype for Flyers? #25829
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    I always felt it was Vigneault who hated Ghost and wanted him gone. As was said, he wasn’t used correctly by AV, and playing on two bad legs didn’t help. Ironic AV was gone a short time later. I hated the trade then, I hate it even more now.

    in reply to: Flyers Off Season Discussion: #25827
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    The pundits, on the whole, have been a bit higher on Buium than NHL scouts. DOesn’t make the pundits wrong. It’s just something to track.

    Any insight on what those differences may be? I would be interested to know where the scouts and pundits diverge on what kind of player he will be.

    in reply to: Flyers Off Season Discussion: #25819
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    2024 nhl redraft

    Zeev Buium drafted #2 in the Athletic 2024 NHL redraft. Luchanko drafted at 30. Berglund 31

    in reply to: Jett Luchanko Thread #24618
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    Unless he blows the doors off everyone at camp, he should go back to Juniors.

    I’m fine with that benchmark. I think it’s at least possible he does that.

    Maybe, hopefully. By blow the doors off everyone I mean he needs to show that he is one of the best players on the ice, because he will be playing mostly against other players trying to make the rosters. He cant just be good, he has to be great in comparison, because once the real NHL players start ramping up, it will change rapidly. Just like it did last year.

    I’m rooting for him for sure.

    in reply to: Flyers Off Season Discussion: #24606
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    Looks like Lappy headed to the Icelanders as a scout

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 188 total)
Scroll to Top