Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: A New Beginning #73614
    SeaDog21
    Participant

    Hey guys good to see some action here again.

    So…remember the good old days on HB when we used to have the bestest conversations about the Canucks, gosh I kinda miss those days. Despite some serious flaws with this format let’s get some conversations going again about the Canucks, a lot is happening on the “left coast” right now. Cheers!!

    HB was a great site for different conversations and also equally different types of characters, but unfortunately the owner of that site was short sighted and full of himself..kinda like that lefty guy at HB..just joking buddy.
    Good to see some of the old boys back posting.

    in reply to: What now? #67576
    SeaDog21
    Participant

    1st overall or 3rd overall, when golfing asked the question What now? There was limited hope but I never envisioned the complete and utter demise of the entire team.

    There’s 11.6 million reasons this all happened. Turns out 1 bad apple can spoil the bunch. I’m pretty much done with this team until the Canadian to Swede ratio undergoes a significant correction. I can’t tell you the last Canucks game I sat down and watched. Sad really.

    Well I definitely understand your stance regarding both Pettersson and the team, and hopefully the team gets the 1st overall pick because of the ineptitude of Rutherford and Allvin. Saying that he would have to pick McKenna to meet your Canadian quota requirements, and then trade a few American and European players.

    in reply to: What now? #65856
    SeaDog21
    Participant

    1st overall or 3rd overall, when golfing asked the question What now? There was limited hope but I never envisioned the complete and utter demise of the entire team.

    in reply to: How long do you support a team, who has a player you despise #45580
    SeaDog21
    Participant

    Have you changed your tune Bob, or Reuby, whichever one you prefer?

    His hatred is deep, very very deep, tune will never change.

    in reply to: General Discussion #41315
    SeaDog21
    Participant

    Neither of them looked out of place in game 1, hoping for continued success tonight.

    in reply to: General Discussion #20541
    SeaDog21
    Participant

    I must admit, despite it’s faults, the format here is actually much better than the new HB website. That thing is putrid!

    I agree, I can log onto that site, but it won’t let me comment.

    Interesting, if you can log on you should be able to quote, although why bother, you can’t carry on any more than 3 replies to a post anyway. It will be interesting to see if it lasts until the end of the year, not much traffic in the entire site.

    in reply to: General Discussion #20538
    SeaDog21
    Participant

    I must admit, despite it’s faults, the format here is actually much better than the new HB website. That thing is putrid!

    That new HB site has sucked the life out of the past format, it’s crap.

    Ek is clinging to his 1 or 2 good comments and completely ignoring all the criticism and requests to bring back some of the old functions that made HB what brought people together.

    in reply to: R.I.P. Pens blogs on HB #16342
    SeaDog21
    Participant

    Hey guys, I wanted to comment on HB and how surprised and disappointed I am in how that site was run into the ground. I was one of the refs there for many years, and I have to say I was so surprised and disappointed when Eric, Bill and Mike all left, the writing was on the wall. I also know that EK wasn’t paying the bloggers for extended periods which is still happening to this day.

    Then out of the blue, posters were getting banned for absolutely ridiculous reasons like 3 months for a ????, then they started to get to multiple year bans, myself and Dozzer tried to get answers but our posts just got deleted, if he could have given us multiple months bans I’m sure he would have.
    Today several more blogs have been deleted, guess it’s easier than paying the bloggers.

    But I will say I enjoyed the format of HB, and in the beginning decade there were some great bloggers, excluding Matt Berry and Cloutier.

    Happy to see this site up and running and that there is a good group of bloggers, if only Bill could entice Carol Schram to blog for the Canucks it would be grand.

    SeaDog21
    Participant

    I like that foam brick idea

    ???? wonder where that idea came from.

    SeaDog21
    Participant

    Sitting around woth a few friends who all had the same question, how long do you continue cheering for the Canucks when they have a player you despise?
    For 3 of us, that player was forward Elias Petterson, while the other friend, if was Evander Kane, although he also is not a fan of #40.
    After some discussion about it, the 4 of us felt the best thing to do was not watch any Canucks games while those players are on the team, or even just try becoming loyal to a different team,, which for 3 of us, might be hard, ass we have been Canucks fans since 1970 season.
    Anyways, I have canceled my Sportsnet package as of midnight, the time in which #40 has his NMC kick in.
    Some have decided that it was time to give up on the NHL all together and will be spending more time watching local hockey

    Well I’m not sure what to say, I get you don’t like Pettersson, and for the most part you don’t like Hughes(because he isn’t 6’5” and breaking faces with his knuckles), but we don’t get to choose who is signed, who is traded or who is let go. I moved to BC and adopted the Canucks in 71 as my team, not the players but the team. There has been mismanagement for decades, there have been players kept and players let go for decades, but I still support and cheer for this club. I will criticize, swear, throw foam bricks ???????? at the TV, and the next moment I will praise, cheer and pump my fist in the air. But in the end it is the club logo on the front of the jersey that keeps me coming back not #40, or #43, but the team because those guys will move on and my team will still be here.
    I get why you are pulling away, and who am I too say your stance is wrong, because that’s what you feel you need to do, so I wish you the best and hopefully I will see you back here or HB (if EK gets his head out of his ass and stops the power tripping) in the future.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 30 total)
Scroll to Top