2026-27 Thread

Home › Forums › Toronto Maple Leafs › 2026-27 Thread

Viewing 10 posts - 141 through 150 (of 224 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  • Author
    Posts
  • #83003
    CanadaCup
    Participant

    Tre apparently had a deal to send Knies to Montreal at the TDL, but the trade got filed too late.

    I heard the CBJ were going to include a sweetener to take Elvis, but not sure what that’d be.

    Knies is on a really nice contract, but with the cap skyrocketing the next two years I don’t think it’ll be a problem.

    Deal is all about this year and Marchenko potentially/likely being a better fit with Matthews and Hiller’s puck possession system

    #82994
    WHIPPER
    Participant

    Tre apparently had a deal to send Knies to Montreal at the TDL, but the trade got filed too late.

    I heard the CBJ were going to include a sweetener to take Elvis, but not sure what that’d be.

    Knies is on a really nice contract, but with the cap skyrocketing the next two years I don’t think it’ll be a problem.

    #82992
    Fakepartofme
    Participant

    2nd gm trying to move knies out?
    If the leafs take on elvis contract they better be getting a 2nd rounder as well…or something.
    Marchenko is going to want double digits, knies was $7.5m…a decent contract.

    #82991
    CanadaCup
    Participant

    If it does happen, I don’t love seeing Knies go. Not sure why TWO GMs had a hard-on to move the guy. But KM is a nice player, and I’d rather have him playing with AM34 than Roslovic.

    I think KM on the left and Roslovic or McKenna on right

    #82990
    WHIPPER
    Participant

    If it does happen, I don’t love seeing Knies go. Not sure why TWO GMs had a hard-on to move the guy. But KM is a nice player, and I’d rather have him playing with AM34 than Roslovic.

    #82988
    senstrolltwo
    Participant

    so knies going for Marchenko, plus the leafs taking elvis goalie..yuck

    knies is value contract, marchenko is the better overall player..elite underlying stats etc..but
    hes going to cost 12 or 13, 14 mil? extension.

    I feel like the leafs need to get more back…we will see

    #82987
    dmnted
    Participant

    how do they fit him? and what do they give up?
    feels like they have nothing of real value to give up unless its off the current roster.
    weird

    Elliotte Friedman
    @FriedgeHNIC
    There is word this afternoon the Columbus Blue Jackets and Toronto Maple Leafs are deep in discussions on a trade involving Kirill Marchenko.

    More to come…

    It would need to be someone from the roster as I think the Leafs will be tight up against that cap.
    Joshua + Lorentz and maybe a draft pick? No big value here unless Knies is involved.

    #82983
    senstrolltwo
    Participant

    how do they fit him? and what do they give up?
    feels like they have nothing of real value to give up unless its off the current roster.
    weird

    edit…so Knies…gone?

    Elliotte Friedman
    @FriedgeHNIC
    There is word this afternoon the Columbus Blue Jackets and Toronto Maple Leafs are deep in discussions on a trade involving Kirill Marchenko.

    More to come…

    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by senstrolltwo.
    #82980
    Big23Questions
    Participant

    Hey, where has Canada Cup been? Cush? Big23iq?

    Living in paradise

    Did you move down here to Florida CC?

    #82936
    dmnted
    Participant

    Do the Leafs sign Blankenburg or not?
    Domi to the LTIR …..

    yup, they signed him. one year at $1.4M, so when Domi goes to the LTIR, they’ll be cap compliant.

    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by dmnted.
Viewing 10 posts - 141 through 150 (of 224 total)
Scroll to Top