Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
FlyerFrank
ParticipantFor a team that has an undersized blue-line, a major leap forward by Jiricek would be highly welcome.
A good reason to be optimistic is the Flyers got every Dman they used last year to play at least adequately. Credit to Tocchet and Reirden there.
FlyerFrank
ParticipantEven without Nesbitt, Berglund, Amico etc, Flyers were clearly better.
Still have time on those guys and no great need to rush. I liked the little I saw of Ruohonen at WJC last year. Murtagh is another guy some really like, but haven’t seen any of him myself. Some won’t pan out, some will get impaired by injury. There’s still enough there to fill out the roster as some current Flyers start to age out and, hopefully, put together a winning package for a disgruntled big fish.
FlyerFrank
Participant1. Jett got rocked early in the 1st yesterday and it took him a while to get going. He finished better, despite the awful turnover late, and played pretty well today. It’s true he wasn’t winning faceoffs which you like to see. We’ll see how he does with the Phantoms. I’m neither optimistic nor pessimistic. He should be a .66-.75 PPG guy in the AHL which isn’t bad at all. If her disappoints on that, it’s a concern.
2. Sokolovskii I’m liking. I thought he protected the puck really well. With his size, he should of course, but he doesn’t handle the puck like a hand grenade. Two more years of junior and he’ll be a very interesting young pro.
3. Bjarnason played well. It’s nice to have options in net even if he never proves out as a 1G.
Ciernik looked good to me quite a bit and he did get 2 games in so the Flyers like him. I find it doubtful he develops into an NHL regular but you never know. The Phantoms need players too. Powell looking to be that edge guy who has a decent right hand. Another area you want to have some options. Liske looked reasonable too.
Got the result they should have. Outscored the rookie Rags 7-3 over the weekend. The Rags amateur drafting still clearly sucks. They’ll be terrible again this year. The Flyers will not.
FlyerFrank
ParticipantOne good thing I can say about the Flyers last year is every Dman who played, and they used 12 different guys, played pretty decently. Even the guys who dressed in hold the fort situations due to injury didn’t kill them out there. Some were obviously better than others but they were all at least OK. Gives me some optimism about working in Jiricek, Bonk and Benoit. I think they’ll all be at least all right.
FlyerFrank
Participant1 PPG: Make room on the Flyers roster
.75 PPG: Coming along nicely
.5 PPG: OopsFlyerFrank
ParticipantIf the Flyers get at least 150 goals this year from the group of Michkov, Foerster, Martone, Zegras, Konecny and Tippett they’ll be fine and I think that number is pretty conservative. Figure 35 goals for the D group and 90 from everybody else who might occupy a forward slot. That gets them to 275 goals. That should be a top third of the league offensive output.
FlyerFrank
ParticipantAny PTOs this year, maybe?
I’m doubting it. They seem to have a really full roster with no gaping holes even with Tippett and Grebenkin having possible layover injury issues. Add more injury on top of that? More likely. I certainly don’t have anyone in mind but they might. Anybody you like or a role you’d like to see filled? Maybe a legit enforcer.
FlyerFrank
ParticipantTocc is definitely one of the better coaches in the NHL. His players all seem to like and respond to him. The only people that don’t are the most obnoxious– and dumbest– part of the fan base. The ones who want the softest and most undisciplined team in the league with the puck. Never mind accountantability.
Smurf loving fantasy league managers filled with grievance.
FlyerFrank
ParticipantIt’ll be nice to see Michkov put last season in the rear view mirror, not that there wasn’t anything to be encouraged by. He played great with Cates and hopefully that stays together. Still popped 20 goals and eliminated his rookie plus/minus deficit. So much hand wringing over a sophomore slump.
Benoit is a willing fighter and has defended himself pretty well against many of the leagues top destroyers. Not a nuclear deterrent, but it’s better than nothing.
FlyerFrank
ParticipantBetween Jett, Nesbitt, Berglund and even Ruohonen, I think the Flyers can get ONE middle-six center out of it. Not that far-fetched.
I agree. One clue as to who teams are valuing most among these guys, Nesbitt was part of the STL rumored ask for Thomas while he was at least getting dangled. I can certainly see Nesbitt as being the top guy in this group. Jett will be easy to grade now that he’s a pro headed for the AHL. 1 PPG and you create a spot for him in the NHL, .75 PPG and he’s very promising and .5 PPG and that would be a concern. I actually like them all. I think the Flyers are in good shape on center prospects.
-
AuthorPosts