Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
FlyerFrank
ParticipantBunting is a reasonable one year add, especially under the circumstances.
Flyers sent Bump to the Phantoms.
Agreed. This team showed a propensity to fall into funks last year and that January nearly killed their season. They don’t have an Olympic break to regroup now. The roster is still super young even with Bump out for Bunting. Not too many 400+ game guys. Sanheim, Risto, Seeler, Coots, Konecny, Acciari, Dvorak and now Bunting. That’s it. Less than half your skaters. Hopefully, it’s the move. I’ve seen one simple move make a solid difference.
FlyerFrank
Participant82 game avg: 21 G, 49 P. Played 400+ NHL games. Seems like a good add. Team better today on paper than yesterday. A little surprising he was available.
FlyerFrank
ParticipantPrediction: Flyers 3-2 in OT. Goals by Cates, Michkov (PPG) and Tippett.
Pretty close. Correct score but wrong team with the OT win and no goal from Cates. Very good for an individual game prediction.
FlyerFrank
ParticipantLove the “experts” who have a player pegged a month after he turns 20 and coming off a significant injury. They should be working in NHL, because no one who actually does it professionally makes brash predictions like that, positive or negative.
Sure, he could get hurt again or just stay healthy and belly up. Some of these miserable jerks seem to be rooting for the worst. At least if I have a bad feeling about a prospect, I hope to be wrong.
FlyerFrank
ParticipantHahahaha! We’ll see how he does in LHV. A point per game, or close to it, will make your prediction look bad. A .5 PPG, or not far above it, will make it look good. I’d bet $1 on it looking bad.
FlyerFrank
ParticipantNoah Cates – Matvei Michkov
This is the way forward. Fans crying about MM playing with Cates are only revealing how little they pay attention. Last 16 games last season: MM had 18 points (1 PPG+) and Cates had 13 (.8 PPG+). Keep that going.
FlyerFrank
ParticipantForget about the spot he was originally drafted. Jiricek is on his 3rd NHL organization already for a reason. He can’t play in the NHL. Even in the AHL, he’s a defensive liability. Waive him!!!!! If he’s claimed, he’s claimed. If he could benefit from more AHL time (I’m skeptical), great. But if Simon Benoit is beating out out merit for a top six spot, and Wild shipped you out, and the Blue Jackets shipped you out, it’s a lot of trouble to go to for someone who probably will never amount to much.
Jiricek was fine in the first after a good game Thursday. First goal was mostly Kolosov’s turnover but DJ didn’t react to pick up his guy quickly enough. Wicked giveaway on 2nd goal and was in the box for the 3rd and that was enough. Bad play and bad breaks piled up on him in the 2nd. Netter to get it all out in one PS game. The Blue Jackets got a first second third and fourth-round draft pick for him. The Flyers gave up nothing in Brink. Keep an NHL goalie behind him. He’ll play through it.
FlyerFrank
ParticipantDisappointed none of the 4 guys the Flyers need to have play decently to help the team D had good games. Don’t care about the forwards at this point.
Ranked best to worst, your analysis may vary:
Benoit-Took the DOG penalty to put them down two men where they gave the first one up.
Jiricek-Lost the puck at the point allowing a clean break goal for the 2nd.
Woll-Two short side high goals in one game.
Bonk-Burned and had to take a penalty that led to the first goal. Overplayed the less dangerous guy and let Strome walk in and finish. That was the game winner.FlyerFrank
ParticipantBonk and Jiricek were both very good today.
I like what I saw from both. I expect both will get at least two exe games. Hopefully, they hold up.
FlyerFrank
ParticipantThey have the market cornered on bottom pair d prospects. Nothing resembling a top pair guy and only one potential 2nd pair. I am very optimistic
Hahaha, they pretty well need Jiricek to stick and deliver. Haven’t seen enough of him to judge yet. More time in LHV won’t kill Bonk. If he breaks through sooner rather than later, so much the better. Need to see Benoit in action too. If I want an opinion on Dmen, I’ll be sure to ask you first.
Chara at 18, even 20 or 21, skated like a baby giraffe and was not good with the puck. Pronger had all the tools but some off ice issues early in his career. What will Sokolovskii (or Amico or Gill) become I don’t know. But big and athletic is a risk worth taking for a D man.
Sokolovskii is a nice piece size wise, but I get the sense people are seeing him as some unprecedented giant for the Flyers but Kjell Samuelsson, who was listed as an inch shorter and roughly the same weight, was here 40 years ago. If he has that kind of career I’ll be happy as a clam. The Chara comps are a little premature.
-
AuthorPosts