Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
FlyerFrank
ParticipantNone good. Coots is probably a good 3C who can play up and down the lineup at this point in his career on a contender and he may still be the best the Flyers have. He did have a bit of a revival last year as the team fell apart around him but I doubt at age 33 with his injury history that if they lean on him to hard that he’ll produce and more importantly, stay healthy.
I think Couturier is better than you do at this stage. I don’t expect him to be the .9 PPG player he was in his prime, but he can still get to .7-.75 PPG and help a team win. That’s actually a good 2C, if you’re thinking in those terms. Zegras will be the 1C offensively at least. These forward lines look OK to me. I don’t see any worrisome holes there. Could a couple spots be upgraded? That’s what Luchanko and Martone are for in a year. It’s the team D that needs to get way better. There are worrisome holes on the blueline.
FlyerFrank
Participantwhen it comes to culture, the “room”, and genuine caring for each other the flyers are not far behind. a few correct moves they will be a force to be reckon with in the future.
can one say their front office knows what they are doing?
Hahaha! Of course the Flyers are far behind FLA. They aren’t as far behind enough other teams in the conference to make this season uninteresting.
FlyerFrank
ParticipantHave you seen their parts? How many teams have better parts than the Panthers?
Not many but no one has as good a team as FLA. The D, after Ekblad, was put together through trades and free agency. Forsling was claimed on waivers. Their 7th leading scoring forward was Evan Rodriguez at less than .4 PPG. I watched their parts carefully in the playoffs. The parts are enviable. The team is better.
FlyerFrank
ParticipantTrue. It takes more than just talent but it can’t be done without it. The Flyers tend to forget that.
Don’t forget that FLA team is better as a team than the sum of its’ parts.
FlyerFrank
Participantyou are the target market for the flyers. they love you.
another top 4 dman and they are on their way. once bonk makes his presence known look out.
I’m their target market? Hahahaha! I gave up on them for two seasons. Did not watch. Barely followed. No regrets. I like what I see now. I’ll be watching. Get back to me if I’m proven wrong . . . which I won’t be.
FlyerFrank
ParticipantUnless he blows the doors off everyone at camp, he should go back to Juniors.
I’m fine with that benchmark. I think it’s at least possible he does that.
FlyerFrank
ParticipantLet’s get our MacKinnon/Makar, Barkov/Ekblad, etc before putting the culture cart before the horse because without that, the rest is just something that comes out of the other end of the horse.
It’s also true some top rated players in the league haven’t won Cups either. The Flyers clearly need another Top 4 Dman. No question about that. Willing to find out what Zegras can do as the offensive 1C which he clearly will be. It’s a team game. The Flyers will be noticeably better this year.
FlyerFrank
Participantculture, identity, and all the stuff that wins cups.
Of course it does.
FlyerFrank
Participantalready proving out lol. love to hear how that is already “proving” out. you crack me up.
options abound on the way to the playoffs. tocchet COY. Go flyers.
The Rick Tocchet Box +1 defense is the way forward. Believe it before it’s too late.
FlyerFrank
Participantthat is your opinion and far from a fact.
pre-season sometimes is fools gold. unless he flat out dominates back to juniors. I have no faith in the coach putting jett in a position to succeed if he makes the team seeing the coach is pushing for the playoffs. he will straddled to the 4th line with less than ideal linemates.
I think my opinions and conjecture will end up closer to being right than your’s. That’s already proving out. Greg Cronin flipped Zegras to wing in ANA. Maybe the Flyers should have hired Cronin. If Luchanko wins a slot on the team, he wins it. It does simplify things up front. They can still do the 8 game regular season look if pre-season isn’t enough. Options abound if everyone comes close to delivering.
-
AuthorPosts