Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Demko Hot Take #79875
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Lickermating is already an abject failure. Fucking dreadful pick and a waste of an roster spot be it AHL or NHL.

    Welcome to the party Brokewood…hope you’re doing well buddy.

    in reply to: Demko Hot Take #79873
    Freakshow
    Participant

    He has been less than impressive so far but keep at it. He has a hell of a shot and when he figures it out

    I think he’ll be an Oiler then.

    So many bad draft picks and the Podkolzin draft in 2019 might be the worst example. Podkolzin is a good complementary player and seemingly a good person, but to take him 10th overall was a massive blunder considering Boldy, Knight, Caufield, Harley and Connor McMichael were taken shortly after him. I mean, Shane Pinto and Jackson LaCombe were taken in the second round, where Pod should’ve went despite his ranking, and they’re better players than him and in positions of need within the organization.

    in reply to: One knot that rules them all. Fishing thread. #79871
    Freakshow
    Participant

    I talked to a buddy of mine who’s set up at the China Creek Campground on the Alberni Inlet, he said sockeye were good but the Springs have been slow thus far. Maybe he’s just not that good of a fisherman and can only tie one knot?

    in reply to: Demko Hot Take #79869
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Just imagine having two of that type of player. I think Canucks give up too early on a lot of young first round picks. Horvat Podz Lekker. I have always been a Podz fan and I think he will just keep getting better and better. I see him becoming a Nichuskin 2.0 when all is said and done

    Lekkerimäki is close to entering Olli Juolevi territory. He needs a breakout season.

    That kid weighs 135 pounds, he’ll be injured 80% of his career, another bad draft pick.

    in reply to: Demko Hot Take #79826
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Just imagine having two of that type of player. I think Canucks give up too early on a lot of young first round picks. Horvat Podz Lekker. I have always been a Podz fan and I think he will just keep getting better and better. I see him becoming a Nichuskin 2.0 when all is said and done

    They essentially replaced Podkolzin with Linus Karlsson because of their fetish for Swedish players. Karlsson’s a year and a half older but pretty much gives you a similar game, he had 35 points to Podkolzin’s 37, but Karlsson plays with bottom six plugs in Vancouver, not two of the best players in the world in McDavid and Draisaitl like Podkolzin.

    in reply to: A New Beginning #79755
    Freakshow
    Participant

    His history would suggest otherwise. Do you think he will fit in with this team? That’s the big question, they want to establish a good culture here. Hopefully you’re right and they miraculously manage to move him off the team. He’s in a good spot to float the rest of his deal out here like Loui Eriksson did regretfully.

    I don’t know if he’s liked or not within the room, I just know he’s a strange kid. He’s extremely talented but he needs to be happy internally and to have better offensive players around him than they currently have. I just hope they can move him at some point. I think everyone needs a fresh start.

    in reply to: A New Beginning #79754
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Kevin Weekly said there is still question if Demko will be ready for the start of the season

    RJ said a month ago that he couldn’t say with confidence that Demko would be ready for camp. I’m assuming it’s a no.

    I hope he just goes on injured reserve until his contract expires.

    in reply to: A New Beginning #79736
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Seeing the bigger picture, I hope they play the shit out of him and he finds tremendous success, which would make other teams very interested in acquiring him, possibly giving up a first round pick and no salary retention, a guy can dream. 🙂

    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Freakshow.
    in reply to: Demko Hot Take #79735
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Read online yesterday they’ve (management) tried to overturn the roster much more than they already have but they haven’t had a lot of success/takers thus far. More to come…

    in reply to: Buium Contract? #79679
    Freakshow
    Participant

    I changed careers for much better pay and job security. I’m working in the propane industry now. Yes, I know all the Hank Hill jokes.

    I’m happy for you, if it’s better for you and your family…awesome.

    Now you can’t stand by your fence in Sooke with your wife-beater on and drink Lucky beer. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 199 total)
Scroll to Top