Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
MBFlyerfan1
ParticipantAthletic Mock Draft had Flyers Picking O’Brien at 6.
Schaeffer
Misa
Frondell
Desnoyers
Hagens
O’Brien
McQueen
MartoneAlso of interest. Jack Nesbitt taken at 24. Logan Hensler taken with their 3rd 1st. William Horcoff taken at #36. Ivan Ryabkin taken with their pick at #40. Eddie Genborg taken at #45. Nathan Behm taken at #48.
Bill, do you see Ryabkin falling that far?
MBFlyerfan1
ParticipantIm in communication with MJL over at Hockeybuzz and FYI the above post is NOT MJL. It is another alt account among many created by the same person.
MBFlyerfan1
Participantmake a play for Matthews…..could they even put together a good enough package?
The deal would START with all 3 firsts from this year’s draft. Then start adding until Toronto stops laughing.
MBFlyerfan1
ParticipantBill, do you think the Flyers take a home run swing on McQueen to get that size/skill package, or do you think they are still gun shy over the Patrick debacle and McQueens injury history? If they could be sure he was healthy you can’t pass him up. But the back problem is a problem. NHL.com mock has them taking McQueen.
That being said, out of Hagens, Frondell, Desnoyers, O’Brien, Martin (I see at least 3, possibly 4 of these 5 being available at 6), who do you think they choose?
If all available my choice is Hagens, he may be smallish but I think his talent level is highest. He is also the one I think will not be there at 6.
Out of the rest I would probably want Desnoyers.
How do you feel about taking a swing on Ryabkin with The Edmonton pick if still available?
MBFlyerfan1
ParticipantThe thing about Torts is that he seemed to thrive on conflict for conflict’s sake. Things can get pretty toxic pretty fast in an environment like that. Especially when other players don’t feel like their team mate is being treated fairly. I guess its a way to unite the room in a common fight, in this case, against the coach. But why would you want to hate your coach? Your leader? Why would you as a coach want your team to hate you or fear you? Respect can be earned through mutual respect. And IMO and experience its the better kind of respect.
MBFlyerfan1
ParticipantI like him, but he is two small and gets crushed in the corners causing him to lose focus. I think they have a couple of young D men in Leigh Valley that can fill the roster for the Flyers. They will also have the 2025 draft and perhaps a trade or two, so I could see him being moved/traded.
And to think, we didnt draft Buium in part because we already have Andrae.
MBFlyerfan1
ParticipantLOL, yeah, he never did.
MBFlyerfan1
ParticipantBUndy letting Torts have it over the San Filippo incident(s)
they eat their own once they are fired….
whats he saying? trying to recall that incident and drawing a blank.
The whole Kevin Hayes/Cutter Gauthier incident where SanFilippo said it was a Flyers source saying Hayes was influential in Gauthier’s decision. After that Torts refused to answer questions from San Filippo and that “Silly Podcast”.
MBFlyerfan1
ParticipantBUndy letting Torts have it over the San Filippo incident(s)
MBFlyerfan1
ParticipantI would think the ducks would accommodate and not send him to a team he didnt want to go to.
I just posted that to say that I guess the Flyers could be one of those teams. BUt if he is guaranteed a starting role etc maybe he wouldn’t put Philly on the list. That being said, I wouldn’t want to trade for him.
-
AuthorPosts