Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Your Realistic Free Agent Goalie Signing #5266
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    He has a NTC I think. Why would he want to go to the flyers?

    10 team no trade list. So take from that what you will.

    in reply to: Shaw Turns Down Assistant Coach Offer #5194
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    I guess I’m not surprised. Do you think Shaw had hopes of being the head coach? Or maybe he didn’t want to be seen as the guy who was foisted on the new staff?

    It is interesting the narrative around Torts and Tocchet. Many descriptions have been used to describe the difference between Torts and Tocchet, “bully”, “abusive”, “embarrassing players”, “poor communication”, “constant negativity” etc. Whereas Tocchet is more private with players, clear communication, good relationships with everybody, positive.

    I would imagine that kind of environment would also have an effect on the coaches and other staff either directly or indirectly. Tocc and Torts are both tough coaches, it seems like Torts thrived on conflict for conflicts sake. Sometimes it can be good, but I think with today’s athletes it just comes off as superfluous. These guys make millions of dollars, it’s not like the old days when they had to work summer jobs to make ends meet, and a coach could threaten his livelihood in a real way.

    in reply to: Next coach? #5094
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    ^ Agreed!

    Uh oh, son of Hot Dog vendor is back again.

    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    Well, it was the worst kept secret in hockey. He’s here. We deal with it. I remember a joke that went something like this.
    Who was the only coach who could keep Steven Stamkos under 25 goals? Rick Tocchet.

    So I went back and did some reading, it looks like Stamkos had very positive things to say about Tocchet in terms of how he developed him as a player and especially rebuilt his confidence after Barry Melrose practically destroyed it.

    It will be pretty hilarious if his staff ends up being Recchi and Richardson, just from the standpoint of watching the fan base lose their minds both positively and negatively depending on the “side” you come down on.

    One thing for sure is that it seems Tocchet may be old school like Torts, but by all accounts he is the opposite it terms of mentality. Whereas Torts was a negative force, it seems Tocchet is more of a positive force.

    So, each old school, but from opposite ends of the spectrum.

    He is here for at least 3 seasons so we should just get used to it lol.

    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    He will probably do 1 year contract with the Sens for 5 million per or maybe a 2 year.

    Yeah I can’t see Giroux holding them hostage in some sort of contract dispute. It will be an easy negotiation for him to stay.

    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    I, for one, would LOVE to see Giroux come back and finish his career where he spent most of it. Remember when Gagne came back? He wasn’t the same player anymore but he still helped for the short time he was here. Tocchet did, too.

    I can’t envision any circumstance where he would want to come back.

    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    Seems the Brady Martin rush has died down, I am starting to see most mocks take Desnoyers to the Flyers. I think I will be ok with that even if Frondell is still on the board. If Hagens is still there I think he needs to be the pick. You need skill and talent and I think Hagens has it in spades.

    My order of preference depending on who is there at 6.

    Hagens
    Desnoyers
    Frondell
    Martin
    O’Brien

    in reply to: Next coach? #4460
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    whoever coaches this team is in a losing preposition. hire lappy and finish low, despite that not being the plan. flyers lack the talent for whoever the coach to matter much. though would prefer a modern in tune type coach. If Ferschweiler gets hired he clearly wanted the bag of cash. which cant blame anyone.

    lappy or shaw my be one of the few coaches who would want the job. So the flyers may not have much of a choice.

    This may be true. This team is still far enough away that there is a good chance that whoever gets the job now will just be setting up the next coach in line to reap the benefits. The team may be selling that they are ready to take the next step, and they may even believe that. The problem is most people outside the organization probably don’t see it that way.

    in reply to: Next coach? #4458
    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    Made the transition over. Hello everyone. I’d be okay with Fersch or Woodcroft. Both would bring something different, a little younger too. I would not be okay if Shaw was forced on either, nothing against him.

    People are starting to slowly filter over. We have a bad actor here creating accounts using our names from the “other site” and that is getting sorted out slowly.

    I am intrigued by Ferschweiler. I like that he was an assistant in the NHL before becoming a successful college coach.

    MBFlyerfan1
    Participant

    We had a Legion Of Poon mention. LOL

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 188 total)
Scroll to Top