Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Booner
ParticipantJust watched the highlight reel. Verhoeff played like dogshit. Seems like anyone that he was supposed to cover just simply steps away from him and is wide open for a pass. His skating looked pretty bad as well.
Speaking of skating… see Malholtra trying to catch up to the player that got away from him on that breakaway? I said it before, it’s been well exaggerated how good his speed is. There’s a couple of videos out there that are outside the group thinkers and give a honest assessment. His reputation for skating and defensive side of the game are above where his game actually is. People need to pump the breaks a bit. Yes he was picked #3… but don’t hate him if he doesnt live up to that.
Booner
ParticipantJeff Merek just said yesterday Him and Cootes are looking great on Team Canada. I think most fans are only expecting a 2/3 C
No points as far as I know. Outplayed by other C’s like Lawrence who is younger than Caleb and Cootes and drafted later than Caleb… They got annihilated today against USA. There’s a lot of hype for these guys based on “leadership” glue etc… Tunnel vision.
Canada sure has gone downhill in international hockey.
Booner
ParticipantBrooks with another goal. Did he get any assists in the 7-2 shit kicking they delivered to Canada?
Booner
ParticipantThis market will eat him alive if he doesnt live up to the inflated expectations they put on the Canucks prospects. It will be all Caleb’s fault for tricking them.
I’m already seeing the expectations getting ahead of him. Going to be the #1 for BU. Going to be the #1 for team Canada. Easy now folks. This will be a season of adjustments for the kid.
Booner
ParticipantShould have drafted Lawrence.
I said it a number of times, Malholtra may be the 3rd best C in this draft after Bjork and Lawrence. Trust in the scouts? No. They have not earned it because its the same failtards as before. They can definitely earn my trust with this recent draft… or completely trigger me into rage…. lol. Time will tell. I do have a better feeling about this draft than the last few but picking high, multiple 1st and 2nds will fill anyone with optimism.
Booner
ParticipantDoes anyone have a link showing the scoring leaders for the summer showcase? All I get is goal scorer recaps.
Far as I can tell, the best C for Canada has been Tynan Lawrence. I think he has at least 3 points in the main games. Good play maker.
Our guys didnt get a point in their game. Lawrence stole the spotlight in it.
So far Rogowski is our standout.
One game left for Canada. Would love to see a big game out of our two centers. Rogowski vrs Malholtra and Cootes. Should be a fun one.
Booner
ParticipantThe only thing in that CA article that is accurate about EP40 that resembles any kind of reasonable explaination to his huge decline is “off-ice circumstances”. The rest is hyperbole. He’s been called out by teammates for a reason, he doesn’t get invited to off ice functions such as weddings, dinners for a reason. The guys an introverted flake who’s collected his money, he’s 100% okay riding the status quo out in Vancouver. He doesn’t set a good example for this impressionable young team.
I wonder how much of his wife having 2 miscarriages in 2 years over that period contributed to him becoming such an introvert? Sounds like a recipe for depression and symptoms of.
I got over our miscarriage reasonably quick when I was in my mid 20’s but seeing the depression my woman went through for the next 6 months brought me down quite a bit. We decided to try again off and on over the next 2 years without success and it started tax our relationship quite a bit. It didnt end well.
People say there is no excuses but it’s not your life. If he cant pull out of it, time to move on but it’s never as simple as the “experts” claim it is.
Booner
ParticipantRogowski another goal today
Nvm goal changed. No points.
Bust!
Booner
Participant@Booner
Won’t let me quote, but it is a great area and very few forest fires in this neck of the woods.
Can be pretty windy in the Terrace area during winters, but I don’t live there so I don’t have to deal with it lolAs you know, I spent a couple of months up there every late summer early fall fishing and had a couple of GF’s in the area over the years. Was my second home until about 5 years ago.
I would move on from here but my father refuses to sell and he’s half owner. He may not be around long so I guess I inherit but I don’t care about only getting half… I want him to have a few buck in his remaining time and I need to do this to get back on my feet. So I’m a prisoner here until he decides.
Whats it like for rentals up there?
Booner
Participant@Booner
Have you considered a place like Rosswood, just outside of Terrace, about 40 minutes away.
It is a community that is kind of like what you have been describing for a few years.
The hospital in Terrace is brand new, about 2 years old, with many different areas of expertise, which might fit your Father’s needs.
As you know, you would be close to some excellent fishing grounds, with the Skeena and Kitimat Rivers close by and the ocean fishing at either Rupert or Kitimat.
It is also close to the Nass River and a couple lakes.I know some people that have been living out there for several years, they say it is the best decision they ever made.
Exactly what I’ve been considering, Terrace. Also Kamloops area and even back to Quesnel.
I know someone who works in the Terrace hospital and have dozens of friends in Terrace, Kitimat and the Hazeltons, not to mention in a few rezzies in that region.
-
AuthorPosts