Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 181 through 190 (of 304 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Dog days of Summer #78718
    Booner
    Participant

    It may be the dog days but I’m on my toes at the moment. The Clinton fire has moved to withing 23kms of my house and is headed for a collision course if the winds pick up. The 2 fires south of here merged into one and now about to join a 3rd fire that is new.

    I will be honest, I’m tired of life in the South Cariboo. I moved back 3 years ago from the North Cariboo. 7 months of cold weather and 5 months of smoke and evacs. My father needs constant medical appointments and the hospital here closes down the emergency room 3 days a week. I want to sell this shack on 10 acres and move somewhere else.

    in reply to: The EP40 Drama that won’t go away FFS. #78703
    Booner
    Participant

    But I was told PA was a breath of fresh air. Can’t keep track… every new GM is a breath of fresh air in Van… all I smell is dog farts.

    in reply to: Rogowski watch #78670
    Booner
    Participant

    If he has a breakout season in the OHL and stacks up the points, the drafting crew will look like geniuses. Same with the WJC.

    The short amount of years he’s been playing hockey could possibly be hiding a ton of potential.

    in reply to: Rebuild season #1 #78619
    Booner
    Participant

    The mocks/rankings were WAY off after 1 & 2.

    I’m good with CM at 3 over the (experts).

    I’m not super worried or anything. Let’s see how he looks compared to Lawrence this season. That will be a good measuring stick.

    Everyone is assuming Caleb will be the #1. Not so fast. Lawrence is a better skater… better defensively, and has a year of college under his belt already. NCAA coaches will rely on that 5 on 5 until the cows come home. Caleb will be second fiddle until next season I think.

    About the rankings. No kidding. It had been said many times after the top 2, the next 10 picks were so close in that tier it could go any which way. And it was bonkers wasnt it? lol

    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Booner.
    in reply to: Rebuild season #1 #78617
    Booner
    Participant

    Canucks on record claiming they had their first four picks in the draft ranked top 24. I’m surprised they had Rodowski and Olsen ranked 24 or higher.

    We have a grading standard now at least. I guess we can see why they were patting themselves on the back that much. In their minds, they just picked four 1st rounders with their first 4 picks.

    Another thing that was very obvious in the recent “Behind The Scenes” vid from their draft was they had Stenberg top 2. That feeds my curiosity. I really wanted to know where they were on this. Was wondering if they would have taken Caleb at 2.

    Caleb is a safe pick when D wasn’t prioritized. At 2 I doubt it or shit would hit the fan lol. I liked the 4 picks how about you?

    Clearly I’m no pro but I would have taken one of the high ranked D with the #3. It was the strength of this draft after top 2. Next draft is C strong after 1. Feels backwards. Let the experts decide? Od course, but with that being said, many of us have done better in round 1 than our previous 3 GM’s so nothing wrong with disagreeing with their choices.

    Novotny at 24 was excellent.

    Rogowski at 33 I’m not sure about. Love that they had their eye on size but he is limited offensively at 33 I think. Still, a huge mobile 4c who can kill penalties and play a good D game is nothing to dismiss. If that’s his floor I’m happy. Perhaps he ends up a winger in the end… a big 3rd line winger is also desired.

    Olsen at 41 was a steal much like Novotny was at 24. He was my sleeper pick. Some say he’s like Lekkerimaki because of his shot…. no way. He has a way better rounded game even with a few holes in it. He is also a athletic specimen…. much stronger and durable. Also, Lekker is easy to read. He has his spots he mostly shoots from. I looked at the heat map of Olsen before the draft… his shots and goals were from everywhere in the O zone.

    Speaking of Caleb at 3… other people are starting to express what I thought I was detecting when they scratched Stenberg of their list and Harvey asked if they were all on the same page? Mumbles around the table… then when he confirmed Malholtra… there was no confidence or excitement in his voice at all. The rumors had him high on Verhoef. Doesn’t feel like he was a big fan of Caleb and they stepped over him again.

    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Booner.
    in reply to: Rebuild season #1 #78607
    Booner
    Participant

    Canucks on record claiming they had their first four picks in the draft ranked top 24. I’m surprised they had Rodowski and Olsen ranked 24 or higher.

    We have a grading standard now at least. I guess we can see why they were patting themselves on the back that much. In their minds, they just picked four 1st rounders with their first 4 picks.

    Another thing that was very obvious in the recent “Behind The Scenes” vid from their draft was they had Stenberg top 2. That feeds my curiosity. I really wanted to know where they were on this. Was wondering if they would have taken Caleb at 2.

    in reply to: A New Beginning #78341
    Booner
    Participant

    Not refreshing the order of topics from newest reply anymore.

    I have been copying as well.

    in reply to: A New Beginning #78335
    Booner
    Participant

    Petey came right out and said he won’t waive to leave Van.

    They said they desire players that want to be here.

    Booner
    Participant

    Yes that’s good takes. Again F logjam needs attention. 4th line is easy enough to put together. Novotny now he is interesting yes. Boeser DeBrusk Leki none are play drivers or F1 puck hounds. 1 has to go can live with 2 if RJ sees it that way. I like my top 2 lines to have a fast 3rd wheel to disrupt & win pucks. A play driver/playmaker & trigger man. 3rd line to be fast & smothering pressure.

    I’m eager to see how this Safonov looks in camp.

    Booner
    Participant

    People seem to be higher on Lekkerimaki than me. Fair enough.

    I think SW will be a upgrade on Lekker. I don’t look at it as giving up a young player… I see it as upgrading a prospect. Quantity is good for the prospect pool but quality is even better.

    A C carries more value & his wheels add even more. I just don’t know about either. SW hasn’t really shown much but I’d put that on Seattle poor development. Leki injuries hide what he is or could be. For no reason I’d give SW as higher ceiling & Leki 25-30 goal potential. Imo both teams should hold off & start the season with both then revisit any potential trade. Making assumptions that Boeser Debrusk Karlsson & Chytil are top 6 wingers leaves Leki as a 3rd liner. Something like this.

    Chytil EP40 Karlsson (had chemistry with EP)
    DeBrusk Rossi Boeser
    Ohgren Raty Lekerimaki
    Cotter Safonov DOC
    Gallagher

    Cootes could push for a spot but Abby & a call up more likely for development. DeBrusk needs to go cuz if the F logjam. If SW in & Leki & DeBrusk out something like this.
    Ohgren EP40 Karlsson
    Chytil Rossi Boeser
    DOC SW Gallagher
    Cotter Raty Sasson
    Safonov

    Just spitballin lines I envision

    Listening to Cam Robinson today when he was asked if they will use their 19 y/o exemption for Cootes to start in the AHL or does he have a shot at the NHL? He felt AHL probably but think Novotny may have a shot at making the Canucks. NHL size, wheels and shot. OHL might not be best for him and he’s not eligible for college hockey. To be honest, I pondered this already. Cootes in Abby, Novotny NHL. Cootes may be further ahead but this is a way to keep them both developing at a higher level at the same time.

    In Lekker… I see a NHL shot… but not much after that. Skinny and frail and not a very intelligent game… more a PP specialist than anything. Skating is OK… but not a standout. Hope I’m wrong and to be honest, like you pointed out, how do you get a good read with all the injuries. That in itself is a read though.

    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Booner.
Viewing 10 posts - 181 through 190 (of 304 total)
Scroll to Top