Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 321 through 330 (of 366 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Likely 3rd OA Pick #75231
    Nighthawk
    Participant

    Raddysh sign & trade 8/8.5m for Leafs 5th rounder
    Wtf? Idk about that cap hit & term for a 30yr old

    in reply to: Likely 3rd OA Pick #75224
    Nighthawk
    Participant

    I say just draft talent, high ceiling talent, it’s not like this is gonna be the only draft near the bottom in the next few years.

    I agree. It’s a top 3 pick. If you have an eye on character, don’t reach back for it from top 3. Trade down. But honestly, you have a shot on some high end talent sure to be an impact player, go for it. Otherwise how stupid does tanking look when you get into the top 3 and then take someone ranked 5/6/7 or later who has more red flags than others in his tier…

    It comes down to Canucks scout rankings. Without knowing that we don’t know their BPA. As for me I’m find with any of Stenberg Reid or Carels at 3oa. If they covet anyone else then trade down. Not knocking Verhoeff or Bjork or Malhotra it’s imo the next tier. I really like Cullen & Hemming in the middle rounds along with Rudolph. The Rucks after them. Bleyl Mutryn early 2nd works for me.

    in reply to: Likely 3rd OA Pick #75077
    Nighthawk
    Participant

    2oa for Kesselring/27oa

    Idk about that. Is Kesselring that good to warrant giving up Stenberg or Reid or another D?

    in reply to: A New Beginning #74914
    Nighthawk
    Participant

    I’m implying a trade lol

    MP will be fine not concerned. It will hopefully be another tank season. Thinking bottom 5 range unless Malhotra rejuvenates the vets & stay healthy.

    in reply to: A New Beginning #74911
    Nighthawk
    Participant

    I think draft Reid and Canucks D will be very solid in about 2-3 years including Hronek and MPetey. Then they concentrate on C and forwards. I would also consider running with 3 G this year to start in case Demko gets injured again.

    Demko & Lankinen have NMC’s & doubt they risk losing Tolopilo to waivers. Looking like a 3 goalie system unless Demko or Lankinen can be dumped. Demko the wild card injury wise. Hronek Willander Reid is a pretty good 3-some of RHD for a long time. Not overly big on MP more like a 4-5 D imo. If Reid picked then F heavy picks follow maybe a LHD.

    in reply to: The 24rth OA #74758
    Nighthawk
    Participant

    Pondering the draft strategy even more I’ve come up with 2 ideas. Draft for offence at 24th 33rd & 41st or for size & a 200’ game. The latter is by far the easier route imo with the former being higher risk higher reward. At 24oa it’s bpa F for me with some big body type C’s likely to be had. At 33oa I like Bleyl if there. 41oa go for size with a middle 6 ceiling which there should be a decent group to pick from. Dreams of the Rucks might end up being just that & not happen.

    Stenberg or Reid
    Command or Morozov
    Bleyl
    Rogowski

    Thoughts?

    in reply to: The 24rth OA #74755
    Nighthawk
    Participant

    Manny sat Lekkerimaki for most of the final. He has no problem scratching young players.

    No problems when it’s time to win. That also teaches players to be a complete player & no favourites. Play the right way or somebody else gets the opportunity.

    in reply to: The 24rth OA #74746
    Nighthawk
    Participant

    Washington will probably take the Ruck Twins. I think like all draft, there will be unexpected selections so you have to wait and see what is available. I don’t see Canucks making any type of big moves. I think with the new management being new and conservative they will just play their hand out.

    Idk if the Caps make that reach but at 16th & 18th it’s not all that risky. On RJ I agree more conservative but Debrusk will get moved to create opportunity. No rush to trade him til an offer makes sense it could go to the TDL. Hoglander has to get his crap together. No more excuses are left for him. Manny either gets him in track or Hog flamed out.

    in reply to: Big trade rumour #74611
    Nighthawk
    Participant

    Gallagher would be a stupid trade or signing.

    I don’t see the Sedins or RJ as blockbuster guys. Sign Reid take Lin at 24 and Shilov at 33. Your D would be set for years along with leadership. Keep both MPetey and Hronek for at least 3 years and the kids will flourish.

    Raty will move up a line this year and Karlsson should improve. I do want to finish last again next year and draft the teams #1C

    Don’t take away a young players spot and hand it to Gallagher. The young guys already taking the leadership to another level.

    Without knowing the sweetener with Gallagher is the only question mark with 1 year left on a contract dump. It will take 1-2 other F’s traded to make sense to give youth opportunity for spots. Hronek needs to stay but not MP.

    I’m cool with Reid but not overboard on D picking 2 in the 1st. Doubt Lin will be there anyways. 24 Hurlbert 33 Bleyl 41 Cali or Cover.

    Raty only moves up if a healthy Chytil moved to the wing & Cootes sent to Abby. Chytil should replce a traded Debrusk. Sasson C4.

    in reply to: Big trade rumour #74604
    Nighthawk
    Participant

    Hronek is going nowhere agreed. Gallagher only if 1-2 F’s get moved or not at all. MP along with Debrusk are my choices to move out.

Viewing 10 posts - 321 through 330 (of 366 total)
Scroll to Top