Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Nighthawk
Participanthttps://www.nhl.com/news/2026-nhl-draft-diary-keaton-verhoeff
Areas for ImprovementSkating Mechanics: Scouts remain somewhat divided on his skating. While he generates plenty of raw power and has excellent tight-area edgework, his backward skating, pivots, and open-ice acceleration require refinement to evade faster NHL-level forecheckers
Nighthawk
ParticipantMore & more noise around Malhotra going 3oa. Idk I could be wrong he’s not BPA especially if passing on Stenberg. If it’s Reid passed over then I guess I can live with that. Onto what that could mean is Canucks have EP Rossi Cootes & Malhotra as top rated C’s now or later idc. Chytil predicted to be a winger. Add to that 2027 is a very good & deep draft loaded with C’s. Albeit it’s very premature on 2027 prospects the need would then be for elite wingers. I do assume Debrusk is a goner. In the end depth at C never a bad thing.
The 24th 33rd & 41st picks become even more important as far as roster will go. My gut says size & tenacity will be more the focus which there will plenty to choose from. At 24th a certainty that will be there. The later picks like Cali enter into the convo for size & grit.
Going to be a very interesting draft & offseason.
Nighthawk
ParticipantMaybe 5 picks at 24oa panned out ok to good.
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/18yb5dKHqn/?mibextid=wwXIfr
This draft let’s see our scouts find one.
Nighthawk
ParticipantI gotta agree interesting prospects available at 16. My question is do the Canucks go that route starting on a full blow up? Would the TDL be a better time for a max return might be the better option. Idk guess it comes down to how RJ wants to put a stamp on the team. Keeping Hronek isn’t the worst choice. Debrusk is the more pressing trade.
Nighthawk
ParticipantYes saw that as well. I’m not that interested in the 2oa to make that deal. I prefer wait to the TDL for a straight up 1st in a projected generational 2027 draft. SJ needs to sweeten a bit.
Nighthawk
ParticipantCannot pass up on top line winger or top pair D for CM. I like him but not at 3oa. 2027 tank for a good C draft.
Nighthawk
ParticipantHave the Canucks breakdown?
Nighthawk
ParticipantPettersson for McTavish/McQueen/2nd
Nighthawk
ParticipantThe 20oa pick isn’t worth a proven top pairing RHD. A GM would get roasted & run outta town doing SJ a favour like that. 20oa+ maybe. What would a 20oa career project as?
Nighthawk
ParticipantThe range of picks at 24th seems to be ever changing. I still feel good we’ll have a choice out of a good bunch to pick from. After the 3oa pick is done then the draft strategy will really unfold after that. Barring any trades this draft will net a good crop. Any tades for this draft or later drafts will only further the sell off to fill the prospect pool. There is no doubt 2027 will be another tank season if mgmt is smart.
-
AuthorPosts