Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
boilermaker
ParticipantJust a couple of tips that I discovered when commenting here.
To add a comment hit reply on any comment and a new comment is posted.
To reply to a specific comment, select quote on that particular comment, then write your reply.
boilermaker
ParticipantKurvers schedule and Minnesota’s roster is out.
boilermaker
ParticipantThanks for stopping by Rico. The more the merrier.
Yes Frenchy was worth the long wait for a Hawks blogger.
boilermaker
ParticipantAs Metalhead pointed out earlier, the return for Price alone would be minimal.
I would like to see the trade expanded to get back something of more value. Maybe Reichel could go the other way. I would like to get at least a 2nd rounder back from the Habs in any Price deal.boilermaker
ParticipantCould be the Penguins, too. They’ll probably have to retain on someone like Karlsson and/or take money back so they may not need Price’s contract to provide a cushion above the floor. We’ll see.
boilermaker
ParticipantTomorrow, September 1, Montreal wires $5.5M to Carey Price’s bank account, leaving a balance of only $2M, even less including the insurance payout for some team to pay him. We’ll see if a trade happens soon. I think CHI and SJS are the leading candidates. Maybe as some pundits wrote recently the trade would be expanded beyond Price plus a sweetener for future considerations.
boilermaker
ParticipantSome Mason West news. I hope he stays committed to hockey.
boilermaker
ParticipantThe Tom Kurvers showcase will be held in Minnesota on Sept 13-14. Hawks prospects will play two games against their Wild and Blues counterparts. No roster set yet. Last year the games were streamed so I expect the same this year. Camp opens for the whole team the following week.
boilermaker
ParticipantAs noted, Vlasic admitted he hit the wall late in the season. It’s likely that Rinzel, Levshunov and the other young D will experience the same mental and physical wear downs as the season progresses. I thought KFC would have brought in a veteran D to alleviate the load on the kids, but it looks like he wants them to sink or swim. The same could be said for forwards Nazar, Moore and Green. Playing 70 to 80 games in the NHL or AHL is different than playing 30 in college.
With that said, I agree with you Frenchy. There may be some improvement in the standings points wise, but this year will have its ups and downs. Getting the young guys experience and used to the grind will be the main focus.
P.S. For general discussion on the Hawks all season, visit this thread here on HockeyHotStove. Stop by to add your thoughts.
August 30, 2025 at 6:30 pm in reply to: Blackhawks Prospect Rankings: Pronman vs Ellis vs Coach Frenchy #23867boilermaker
ParticipantHey Rico, Dots, Dan Maloney, Tony-O and others,
I created a forum with the topic “Blackhawks 2025-2026 General Comments” that could be used for discussion throughout the season. Here’s the link:
Coach Frenchy is doing a wonderful job providing us with almost daily Hawks content that provides us an opportunity to discuss his subject matter. Needless to say, after no fresh Blackhawks content for almost a year at the other site, Frenchy’s writings are a godsend.
But, I thought a more general forum would be good to discuss other things that we want to talk about. I’m envisioning links to articles containing Hawks news, prospect news, lineup construction, game day chat, trades, signings, rumors and the like.
P.S. Hope you don’t mind Frenchy.
-
AuthorPosts