Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 304 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Buium Contract? #80787
    Booner
    Participant

    @Lefty

    It wasnt after the contract was signed. His first half of Jan was so hot that the month totals still look good but that was the month it started. Right after the big east coast road trip post holidays is when he started to fall off. Lower points in Feb to follow.

    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Booner.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Booner.
    in reply to: Buium Contract? #80778
    Booner
    Participant

    I am going to disagree. He was in a slump over a year if I remember correctly. Otherwise people would not have been pissed if he was an 85 point player. I don’t remember exactly when but it seems like after the all star game he started his decline.

    I don’t think he will be a Canuck too much longer. IMO he is a back story now. I look at him as a future 2/3 centre.

    Petey signed his contract about 2 months into that slump. He went from career hot streak early in the season to a career slump the rest of the season.

    in reply to: Buium Contract? #80777
    Booner
    Participant

    Petey will eventually get traded to LA. It feels like he’s easing himself into it and the team is is in no rush. They will get a good deal on a good 2 way forward. Not a star… but he’s not getting paid star money anymore it appears. The return wont be great but will contribute to the rebuild. I think once they have a C to take his spot, like one of the draftees or a later acquisition, they will pull the trigger. Maybe next summer…

    in reply to: Suck it Booner. #80715
    Booner
    Participant

    I’m sure you don’t need luck…

    What are you using for lures?

    It’s insane. They’re hitting everything I throw at them when they’re there. I bought a more sensitive 10 foot Shimano rod a couple of years ago. It’s making a big difference. I can feel the timid Coho hits and get a quicker set.

    My spoon chucking rod is a 10 foot Shimano(forget model) with a 6501 Ambassador on it and 30 lb Tough Line. I’ve landed some steelhead over 20 lbs on that rod.

    I assemble my own spoons for Steelhead and Coho. I use to order 100 Stilly Spoons at a time from USA and fit them with my own split rings, stainless swivels and Siwash hooks. A guide friend turned me on to them. The company has been sold in recent years and they renamed the spoons… I dont remember what they are called now. They were the most successful spoons I ever used. I ordered different weights, colors, some with hammered finish on them for crystal clear water… when less flash is desired. They look the same shape as another standard, the Coho but seem to flutter more aggressive.

    If you like a quicker set, try braided line. Hard instant set. Less drag in the water too. Thats why I like it in rivers. Fat mono gets pulled into a massive belly… I fkn hate that.

    in reply to: Buium Contract? #80702
    Booner
    Participant

    I wonder when NTC or NMC kicks in? I guess those details will come soon.

    in reply to: Buium Contract? #80692
    Booner
    Participant

    Buium Just signed 8 yrs 9.38m per.

    Hope this one ages well.

    in reply to: Suck it Booner. #80620
    Booner
    Participant

    I’m sure you don’t need luck…

    What are you using for lures?

    in reply to: Suck it Booner. #80605
    Booner
    Participant

    Just started this thread to prove that it could be done. Hopefully it stops some of the incessant whining. But I doubt it.

    That was yesterday… these issues come and go… like your luck at snagging salmon.

    in reply to: The EP40 Drama that won’t go away FFS. #80574
    Booner
    Participant

    5 attempts to open a new thread… nothing.

    Maybe you need to come up with more interesting topics, this site may be deploying a boring filter.

    I doubt it. They let you post.

    in reply to: The EP40 Drama that won’t go away FFS. #80524
    Booner
    Participant

    @Booner

    Hey, I’m old.

    Ok, I’ll feed you something to run with then. Petey was not one of the standouts today. No mention at all.

    Willander got a couple of goals and looks bigger and stronger they said. No mention why the non contact jersey though.

    This is a summer skate… not a camp practice.

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 304 total)
Scroll to Top