Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 141 through 150 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: I’m just gonna leave this here. #73984
    Freakshow
    Participant

    That’s nice and all, however, if you put some context behind it, Carolina’s playoff points leaders – Hall, Ehlers, Blake, one Canadian. Vegas top three playoff points leaders – Eichel, Marner, Dorofeyev, one Canadian. Marner is having a helluva playoffs!! Howden is playing clutch as well!! But I digress…there’s two Canadians out of six players there, but I think Logan Stankoven (Canadian) is tied with Ehlers in playoff points, so lets say three out of six.

    Where I’m going with this is, it’s more about how they play, their structure, their systems, both teams can check really really well and also skate really well, than it is about where they come from. All that being said, I fully agree that having Canadians and Americans is important, but it’s only one thing of many that leads to success. I also think in years past, because you’re an old fart, the Stanley Cup just meant more to Canadian players, we grew up with it, now the world is smaller and more connected, it means a lot of foreign players as well as you’re seeing players come over to North America at much younger and younger ages to play the North American game.

    in reply to: Would you take Caleb Malholtra over Stenberg? #73967
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Defence is the most important position is hockey, just thought I throw that out there. 🙂

    in reply to: Would you take Caleb Malholtra over Stenberg? #73966
    Freakshow
    Participant

    I might have to agree with you.

    Trade Hronek. He isn’t really fitting the time line of the team. Recover the 1st they traded for him. Draft Verhoeff 3rd and a C 24th, or with the pick you get for Hronek, if it’s in this year’s draft. Although I’d prefer another unprotected 1st in next year’s draft.

    Hronek to San Jose for the 20th OA, I’d be onboard with that, and it’s roughly what they paid for him out of Detroit.

    in reply to: Would you take Caleb Malholtra over Stenberg? #73952
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Rick Dhaliwal@DhaliwalSports

    At the NHL Combine in Buffalo this week, the #Canucks will be taking defenseman Chase Reid to dinner on Thursday night.

    Vancouver with the 3rd overall pick in this year’s NHL Draft.

    in reply to: A New Beginning #73951
    Freakshow
    Participant

    #CBJ Zach Werenski won the Norris Trophy with 113 out of a possible 198 first place votes by members of @ThePHWA.

    in reply to: A New Beginning #73931
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Bruce Garrioch: A league executive told The Citizen that the Islanders are exploring the market for forward Mathew Barzal – Ottawa Citizen (6/1)

    in reply to: A New Beginning #73930
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Vancouver Canucks@Canucks

    WELCOME COACH MANNY!

    General Manager Ryan Johnson announced today that the #Canucks have hired Manny Malhotra as the 23rd Head Coach in franchise history.

    DETAILS | http://vancanucks.co/4fflZjQ

    in reply to: A New Beginning #73928
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Daria Tuboltseva: Ilya Safonov is set to sign with the Canucks, RG has learned; the 25-year-old centre has played in the Ak Bars Kazan system in the KHL since 2018 – RG (6/1)

    in reply to: A New Beginning #73875
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Michael Russo @RussoHockey

    Hearing director of amateur scouting Judd Brackett is leaving the #mnwild for an elevated position for another team. Brackett ran the Wild’s last 5 drafts and is on an expiring contract.

    I havent heard Linden going off about Benning not being sold on a draft eligible Elias Pettersson these days(or Lefty for that matter). Wonder why? Wasnt Petey Brackett’s guy?

    I don’t know if Petey was a Brackett guy, but I do know he’s a shell of his former self and the club would be wise to rid themselves of his game and his personality at this point.

    in reply to: The 24rth OA #73870
    Freakshow
    Participant

    The more mock draft’s I read the more confused I get, which isn’t hard at my advanced age, about who will be available at #24. The Canucks could get two really solid players in the first round and two very good prospects in the second round with their two picks. Exciting times. Three mock’s I’ve read have Swedish prospect Alexander Command being taken by the Canucks, can we just knock it off with the Swedes please, for the love of God!!!!

    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Freakshow.
Viewing 10 posts - 141 through 150 (of 199 total)
Scroll to Top