Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 131 through 140 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: The 24rth OA #74706
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Just reading about this kid from Penticton BC.

    Mathis Preston, RW

    While Lin likely won’t be available for the Canucks at 24th overall (and would be an obviously ridiculous reach at third overall), there is a BC-born player and Vancouver Giant who could realistically be available to them at 24th overall. Hailing from Penticton, BC, Mathis Preston played 10 games with the Giants this season after the Spokane Chiefs traded him ahead of the WHL Trade Deadline. On the whole, Preston put up 42 points in 46 games this past season, including 12 points in his 10 games with the Giants. Preston possesses an NHL-ready shot and has legitimate top-six potential. Daily Faceoff’s latest mock draft has him going 23rd to the Boston Bruins, but if he’s available at 24, he’d be a great option for the Canucks.

    in reply to: Big trade rumour #74705
    Freakshow
    Participant

    I have written Chytil off. I don’t give a Chyt about him any more. I expect he will ply 12 games this year.

    6 to start the season then 6 in February. Even that is generous….

    I think we’re close to him realizing that for his own personal future and quality of life, he needs to shut it down. If he does play I’m sure it’ll be on the wing, but we’ll see how this plays out. For as much as I wanted Miller gone, that was such a bad trade in the end.

    in reply to: Debrusk Rumors #74568
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Good spot to post up the rumors and discussions.

    It’s being reported by Ottawa beat writer Bruce Garrioch that the Sens are interested in Debrusk. Terrible trade partner in my opinion. They don’t have a tradable 1st round pick and no 2nd. I don’t think they have much in the way of prospects. Pass… there isnt really anything to work with there. Bruce Garrioch says Van wouldnt be asking for much as this is a cap dump. Nonsense. Even if a 1st for him is a stretch, he has value… great salary with the cap going up $18m over the next 2 seasons… plus this summer free agent market is generationally terrible. Van can make a worthy trade out of Debrusk. That I’m sure of.

    If not this summer then TDL when he may be a hot commodity even.

    Don’t they have a plethora of young defensemen the Canucks could use, including Carter Yakemchuk, as well as guys on their current roster?

    in reply to: Canucks Hire Malhotra As Next Head Coach #74480
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Great hire for a rebuilding team. I’m for picking Malhotra & Reid in that order.

    I’d rather have Stenberg and then Malhotra but I’m fine with a good puck-moving right shot defenseman too.

    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by Freakshow.
    in reply to: A New Beginning #74478
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Looking back at the 2014 Virtanen draft sure missed out on any 1 of many good players. In order drafted Nylander Ehlers Larkin Tuch Pastrnak Kempe.

    Basically shows at 3oa gotta get it right so no Malhotra. Af 24 mine another gem & this rebuild takes great shape fast. Add in a high 1st in 2027 & keep it going on.

    The draft is an inexact science, but the Canucks bring it to another level…that’s for sure!!

    in reply to: Leafs Talk 2026 #74261
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Wow…Marner is havin himself a game, he’s gonna win the Conn Smythe if Vegas wins the Cup.

    in reply to: Rumour SJ willing to trade 2oa stay top 4 #74111
    Freakshow
    Participant

    I saw a trade proposal yesterday sending Hronek to San Jose with the 3rd overall pick, the Canucks acquire the 2nd overall pick and the 20th pick, which also belongs to the Sharks.

    in reply to: I’m just gonna leave this here. #74110
    Freakshow
    Participant

    On a personal note, I just like to oppose anything you say for shits & giggles.

    I know. The username may have changed but the attitude remains.

    Hahah…I’m 60 years old now, I’m a much softer human being than I used to be. It’s more for comedic effect than obstinance these days.

    in reply to: Canucks Hire Malhotra As Next Head Coach #74075
    Freakshow
    Participant

    Excellent Hire. With Johnson and the Sedins as well headed in the right direction. Well done.

    Those guys have a lot of work ahead of them, and most likely a lot of losing and drafting, but they’re definitely headed in the right direction getting rid of that old loudmouth Rutherford.

    in reply to: I’m just gonna leave this here. #74074
    Freakshow
    Participant

    The context speaks for itself, year after year. Scoring is just one aspect of what a team must do in playoff Hockey. Defending, blocking shots, playing a much more physical brand of the game. Motivating your team. Laying it on the line…etc etc.

    Also, who are you calling old fart? I’m younger than most of the posters here. Lol.

    Yes, I completely agree, thus I said system and structure is just as important as anything else. Teams that play well as a five man unit and are also offensively talented usually end up winning…a lot!! On a personal note, I just like to oppose anything you say for shits & giggles. LOL!!

Viewing 10 posts - 131 through 140 (of 199 total)
Scroll to Top