Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 191 through 200 (of 366 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: A New Beginning #78400
    Nighthawk
    Participant

    I did ignore him last year. I thought he was a great helping the rebuild. If your top centre is producing at his level you can be pretty sure you will lose. I do want a bottom 3 finish again next year and I think another bad year of him leading the way you will finish at the bottom.

    Expecting Demko to be injured again pretty much guarantees a bottom 3 team. The young D cannot pick up the slack. The PK still league bottom til major changes get improvement. Canucks would have to outscore most of their problems. Lastly plenty depends on MM & his staff installing systems & a team identity. Add it all up & I expect a bottom 5 or worse.

    in reply to: Dog days of Summer #78383
    Nighthawk
    Participant

    If Aquilini has to go back to square one, why not reduce costs? This isn’t a playoff team?

    Yeah, I agree, but if they do reduce operating costs on player salary I have they use that space to their advantage come next deadline to acquire more draft capital.

    If EP40 is traded cap has to come back to hit the floor. Not much only 2m. DeBrusk or Boeser nope.

    in reply to: A New Beginning #78381
    Nighthawk
    Participant

    Rossi may bump EP40 down the lineup.

    All Rossi has to do is force himself to 1C. Very doable. If EP40 wants to keep 1C then earn it again. Competition is never ending nothing is handed out.

    in reply to: Dog days of Summer #78342
    Nighthawk
    Participant

    There is no one here to raise shit with. It’s a ghost town here.

    The lull before the storm wait til the season starts & see what gives lol. Already the same old stuff from HB is creeping into here. Some cannot let it go.

    Will it be:
    1) same crap different pile?
    2) revisionist history lessons?
    3) high school gangbangers?
    4) insert your own

    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Nighthawk.
    in reply to: A New Beginning #78338
    Nighthawk
    Participant

    He can say he’s not waiving all he wants there are ways around that. Starts with him being a pro & in top condition for camp.

    On another note I’m going to start copying posts since so many don’t go through.

    in reply to: Dog days of Summer #78322
    Nighthawk
    Participant

    I’m more than looking forward to MM’s systems & pace of play. Line combos are my thing & curious how he constructs them. I break down F’s into play drivers playmakers triggers & puck hounds. On play drivers we lack them big shows up on zone entries. Rossi & Chytil when he doesn’t sneeze & get injured. Playmakers very weak there. Boeser & DeBrusk & EP40 triggers. 3rd wheel puck hounds DOC & Ohgren & Sasson. Not the greatest & to far up in the line up usually. Overall lacking elite top 6 F’s that produce mainly due zone entries & lack of elite playmakers. Offence suffers huge. Size & speed has to improve for dump & chase to get better puck pressure. Boeser & DeBrusk are dead weight in that category. The others nothing special. Lastly the PK is a black hole nothing new there.

    Summary: expect more team identity to arise but scoring still a problem. On D lots of 1st pass pressure & break outs needs to improve for any signs of future progress. In goal is what it is.

    Nighthawk
    Participant

    He’s likely got a shot at 4C behind EP40 Rossi Raty or off to Abby. Like to see him impress & let Cootes stay in Abby. Hoping Chytil is a winger.

    Nighthawk
    Participant

    Yes that’s good takes. Again F logjam needs attention. 4th line is easy enough to put together. Novotny now he is interesting yes. Boeser DeBrusk Leki none are play drivers or F1 puck hounds. 1 has to go can live with 2 if RJ sees it that way. I like my top 2 lines to have a fast 3rd wheel to disrupt & win pucks. A play driver/playmaker & trigger man. 3rd line to be fast & smothering pressure.

    in reply to: Dog days of Summer #78283
    Nighthawk
    Participant

    Robertson 1/12m walks into UFA

    Nighthawk
    Participant

    People seem to be higher on Lekkerimaki than me. Fair enough.

    I think SW will be a upgrade on Lekker. I don’t look at it as giving up a young player… I see it as upgrading a prospect. Quantity is good for the prospect pool but quality is even better.

    A C carries more value & his wheels add even more. I just don’t know about either. SW hasn’t really shown much but I’d put that on Seattle poor development. Leki injuries hide what he is or could be. For no reason I’d give SW as higher ceiling & Leki 25-30 goal potential. Imo both teams should hold off & start the season with both then revisit any potential trade. Making assumptions that Boeser Debrusk Karlsson & Chytil are top 6 wingers leaves Leki as a 3rd liner. Something like this.

    Chytil EP40 Karlsson (had chemistry with EP)
    DeBrusk Rossi Boeser
    Ohgren Raty Lekerimaki
    Cotter Safonov DOC
    Gallagher

    Cootes could push for a spot but Abby & a call up more likely for development. DeBrusk needs to go cuz if the F logjam. If SW in & Leki & DeBrusk out something like this.
    Ohgren EP40 Karlsson
    Chytil Rossi Boeser
    DOC SW Gallagher
    Cotter Raty Sasson
    Safonov

    Just spitballin lines I envision

    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Nighthawk.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Nighthawk.
Viewing 10 posts - 191 through 200 (of 366 total)
Scroll to Top