Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 131 through 140 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Blackhawks 2025-2026 General Comments #28427
    boilermaker
    Participant

    different wiz, metalhead. that wiz hasn’t registered here as of yet.

    Last week I noticed a comment from @THErealwiz1901 in one of Frenchy’s blogs.

    Where Does Knight Fit In Goalie Market?

    I noticed it was posted September 10 at 2:41 p.m. Coincidentally, earlier that day at 12:44 p.m. he was over at HockeyBuzz asking for help to register here. So maybe he figured it out, is registered here, and just doesn’t post often.

    in reply to: Blackhawks 2025-2026 General Comments #28277
    boilermaker
    Participant

    I went down a rabbit hole w/ LTIR and regular IR rules.
    If they are allowed to place Weber on IR (instead of LTIR) then his salary counts against the cap floor
    but he does not use a roster spot. In that case the cap floor is not much of an issue for the Hawks.

    I agree with you on the LTIR/IR rules. They can keep Weber and Brossoit on regular IR, use their salaries toward the cap, and fill their roster spots. The concern about keeping above the cap floor is overblown.

    in reply to: Blackhawks Lock Up Kaiser On Two-Year Deal #28243
    boilermaker
    Participant

    I’m glad the Kaiser situation got settled before camp. The AAV came in a bit lower than I expected, but so be it.

    Regarding Weber’s and Brossoit’s injuries, IMO there is no need to place them on LTIR. If I understand things correctly, if they are placed on regular IR, the Hawks get to open up both roster spots and keep their cap hits without the LTIR reductions. So the team’s cap hit would be in the 78M or so range plus two ELC contracts, or one ELC contract and Grzelcyk’s possible deal at maybe 2M. This would bring the season opening cap hit to over 80M. Plenty of cushion to remain above the floor at the TDL, assuming the two retention spots are used in moving a a couple of veterans.

    in reply to: Blackhawks 2025-2026 General Comments #27871
    boilermaker
    Participant

    Hawks training camp roster.

    Roster

    in reply to: Blackhawks 2025-2026 General Comments #27870
    boilermaker
    Participant

    Hawks offering defenseman Matt Grzelcyk a PTO.

    Powers reporting the Hawks are offering a one year deal at a modest increase above his ELC AAV. If he plays well probably rewarded with a more substantial multi-year deal next season. To me sound like it’s around 1M or 1.2M.

    in reply to: Rising Salaries: What It Means For Bedard  #27868
    boilermaker
    Participant

    make it that much harder for teams to poach any of our young players we want to keep

    And that works the other way, too. Hawks would find it difficult to poach someone else’s young player.

    Also I think with the rising cap, there will be fewer free agents on the market in coming years since teams will be able to pay their own players. Yes there may will be big name exceptions like Karpitsov and McD to be had if they really want out of their current situation. But then many teams will have boatloads of money if they manage their spending well in coming years.

    in reply to: Blackhawks 2025-2026 General Comments #27692
    boilermaker
    Participant

    Back to hockey. Tab Bamford gives his thoughts on all the Hawks prospects that played in the games over the weekend.

    https://www.bleachernation.com/blackhawks/2025/09/15/tom-kurvers-prospect-showcase-comments-on-the-entire-blackhawks-roster/

    in reply to: Blackhawks 2025-2026 General Comments #27462
    boilermaker
    Participant

    Kantserov with a goal and apple in Magnitogorsk’ 6-3 win.

    in reply to: Blackhawks 2025-2026 General Comments #27354
    boilermaker
    Participant

    my wife decided

    Happy wife, happy life.

    in reply to: Blackhawks 2025-2026 General Comments #27303
    boilermaker
    Participant

    I’m really looking forward to see how he handles a full NHL season.

    I expect the ex-collegians Rinzel, Moore, etc to hit the wall around mid-season. By that point they would have played more games than they did at college against bigger, stronger competition, and with a lot more travel. It happened to Bedard and Vlasic last season during their second year in the league.

    Rinzel looks very promising, but this is a growing year for him and the other kids. I just hope he and everyone else stay healthy.

Viewing 10 posts - 131 through 140 (of 194 total)
Scroll to Top