Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
CanadaCup
ParticipantKnies already scoring on the PP.
And that’s 2 points for Knies.
Assist from Andrae. Fire everyone!
CanadaCup
ParticipantGame 1: Habs 3 Leafs 2
The game was close and could have went either way. The Leafs did well against a cohesive team that had only 1 new player in the lineup. Kreider. Leafs had 4 returning players on their forward lines from last year. A short preseason showed a lack of cohesion. Raddysh looked rusty and made a couple of boneheaded mistakes that ended up in the net. Tanev and McCabe looked good on the back end. OEL and Stecher played fine also. Bob was good, but not great. The Leafs definitely need to work out their forward lines. The Habs looked like a contender tonight, and the Leafs were chasing the game for the last 30 minutes. Tonight’s scores showed a lack of goal-scoring. Although Boston won by 3, they didn’t score until under 5 minutes left in the 3rd. Florida waited to win 1 – 0 against Carolina in the last 3 seconds of overtime. No blowouts so far tonight.
I know lots of the fanbase aren’t happy with this outcome, myself included; I think they need time to gel. Hopefully they can beat the Islanders tomorrow night. I hate it when they have more home games at the start of the season, then lose a few and are chasing all year to get in the playoffs. It happened last year, and they never got close. Marchenko played well tonight, but McKenna was invisible. It’s hard to win when you have 10 new players in your lineup from last year. Hopefully they play better tomorrow night.
Sloppy play and turnovers from bottom 6 and from Raddysh who led to 2 GAs. His play was the only worrying thing out of tonight’s loss.
CanadaCup
ParticipantChayka adding to his list of trades lost.
Absolutely trash deal for the Leafs.
Marchenko is 3.85m for this season, so I guess he has a full season to “earn it” before he actually gets paid.
I dont mind the Knies for Marchenko 1 for 1, but I dont see why the leafs had to take 2 bad players/contracts and add a 2nd.
Andre was fine to move since they signed BlankenburgMarchenko adds speed the leafs very much need. I like Knies but I do think his perceived value on the ice and Power forward rep were a tad overblown for what he brings.
Chayka is a mover and a shaker, he does lots of stuff… hope all these moves work out
Exchanging Elvis who is on LTIR and Wood who is a Marlie for Lorentz who didn’t make the team and Andre who was probably #9 D is a wash. Marchenko is probably a second rounder more valuable to Leafs than Knies
CanadaCup
ParticipantCBJ: Knies, Lorentz, Andrae, and a 2nd
TML: Marchenko ($12.5Mx6), Miles Wood, Merzlikins (retained)
Discuss
Mr Sir is happy
CanadaCup
ParticipantTre apparently had a deal to send Knies to Montreal at the TDL, but the trade got filed too late.
I heard the CBJ were going to include a sweetener to take Elvis, but not sure what that’d be.
Knies is on a really nice contract, but with the cap skyrocketing the next two years I don’t think it’ll be a problem.
Deal is all about this year and Marchenko potentially/likely being a better fit with Matthews and Hiller’s puck possession system
CanadaCup
ParticipantIf it does happen, I don’t love seeing Knies go. Not sure why TWO GMs had a hard-on to move the guy. But KM is a nice player, and I’d rather have him playing with AM34 than Roslovic.
I think KM on the left and Roslovic or McKenna on right
CanadaCup
ParticipantMcKenna and Willie are going to be fun together. Kind of looking forward to the season.
Too bad about AA
CanadaCup
ParticipantHey, where has Canada Cup been? Cush? Big23iq?
Living in paradise
CanadaCup
ParticipantI dislike both teams. Don’t really care about Marner one way or another. Go Leafs go.
CanadaCup
ParticipantHOLY JESUS FUCK!!!!!!
Leafs won the draft lottery!!!!!!!!
Hope they pick Laine – or at least think about it. Jesus, this place!
-
AuthorPosts